Twins @ White Sox, 9/13/15

Balta1701

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Sep 13, 2015 -> 03:22 PM)
One team ERA in the top 1/2 of MLB in 7 seasons.

Tied himself to Ventura

Bye bye

As I pointed out the last time someone said that one, between the White Sox playing in a park that often plays as an above average hitters park and the White Sox having had the 29th or 30th worst defense in MLB over the past 10 years, ERA isn't telling you everything, and both bWAR and fWAR find the White Sox pitching staff a lot better than ERA does. A top pitching staff and a 30th ranked defense probably still won't have an ERA in the top 1/2 of the league.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Sep 13, 2015 -> 01:35 PM)
He'd be the Cy Young front runner if he didn't have to face the Twins...dammit.

I'm serious when I say that they should never have him face the Twins again. He's always awful against them.

I just don't understand it. How can someone with his stuff not mow down their lineup? He has to be tipping something in his delivery. it's actually kind of embarrassing, because an ACE should not be avoiding any team. Expecially a division rival. Someone bettter figure it out

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Sep 13, 2015 -> 02:22 PM)
One team ERA in the top 1/2 of MLB in 7 seasons.

Tied himself to Ventura

Bye bye

So meaningless for a team that rarely spends on pitching (in part because of Cooper), has terrible defenses, and is otherwise effective. No idea how he's tied to Ventura considering he's been in the organization for 27 years now including under 3 managers as pitching coach.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Sep 13, 2015 -> 08:27 PM)
I just don't understand it. How can someone with his stuff not mow down their lineup? He has to be tipping something in his delivery. it's actually kind of embarrassing, because an ACE should not be avoiding any team. Expecially a division rival. Someone bettter figure it out

Hunter absolutely looks like he knows what's coming