Twins @ White Sox, 9/13/15

Balta1701

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Sep 13, 2015 -> 07:31 PM)
It just doesn't add up how Johnson and Quintana pitch respectably against Minnesota and Sale implodes. They'e middle of the pack in offense, bot Toronto.

I swear watching them it's like they know what's coming

Look at how Hunter turned on the 96 mph fastball inside, and then looked like he was sitting on an 89 mph change-up on the outer half.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 13, 2015 -> 03:28 PM)
So meaningless for a team that rarely spends on pitching (in part because of Cooper), has terrible defenses, and is otherwise effective. No idea how he's tied to Ventura considering he's been in the organization for 23 years now including under 3 managers as pitching coach.

I agree with you in general on everything but the bolded. The White Sox always spend on pitching. They haven't yet invested $250 million in a pitcher like some teams but they always spend. Despite being 15th overall in payroll this season, they're 6th in amount spent on pitching. On top of that, they've invested 3 of their last 5 first round draft picks in their starting rotation and traded position players for pitching. They may not be spending money on pitching the last couple years because of Sale and Quintana, but they have poured resources of every kind into their pitching staff non-stop.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 13, 2015 -> 02:32 PM)
Look at how Hunter turned on the 96 mph fastball inside, and then looked like he was sitting on an 89 mph change-up on the outer half.

He looked clueless against Quintana yesterday too. Today he's suddenly guessing miraculously what pitch is thrown.

It may be something with how he's placing his glove, or some other tell, but If im the White Sox im looking into video of him and trying to see if he's giving away any pitches

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 13, 2015 -> 02:28 PM)
So meaningless for a team that rarely spends on pitching (in part because of Cooper), has terrible defenses, and is otherwise effective. No idea how he's tied to Ventura considering he's been in the organization for 27 years now including under 3 managers as pitching coach.

He's been the shadow manager, making the pitching moves. He's been KW's mole...been here long enough.

Infield defense was fine during most of his tenure.

Sox have invested plenty of resources (players and otherwise) into pitchers.

Thornton and Quintana are his claims to fame.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Sep 13, 2015 -> 03:40 PM)
He's been the shadow manager, making the pitching moves. He's been KW's mole...been here long enough.

:lolhitting

Over the past 10 seasons we're 29th of 30 teams in the big leagues in defense. Only Cleveland is worse. The White Sox regularly flat out don't care about defense. The best teams over that time have won an extra ~50 games due to defense.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 13, 2015 -> 06:38 PM)
Yes, already 4-0, just going to enjoy the Bears actually having a 2nd half shot against GB for now.

Watching the Bears game here too. Another first inning melt down and the homeruns allowed is just too much to take

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Sep 13, 2015 -> 07:40 PM)

He did make a winner of Esteban Loaiza, but you can't rest of past laurels

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 13, 2015 -> 07:56 PM)
Said this all year, but Montas should absolutely be trade bait this offseason. Good luck ever making him a starter

I don't know about that. A starter who throws 98 plus is pretty good. It seems though that every hard thrower that we hve come along gets sent to the pen. I was afraid that was where Sale was going to get stuck

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 13, 2015 -> 03:06 PM)
I don't know about that. A starter who throws 98 plus is pretty good. It seems though that every hard thrower that we hve come along gets sent to the pen. I was afraid that was where Sale was going to get stuck

How did Montas look in his three innings? Haven't been near a TV so I have no clue outside of looking at the box score.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Sep 13, 2015 -> 01:22 PM)
One team ERA in the top 1/2 of MLB in 7 seasons.

Tied himself to Ventura

Bye bye

If there is someone better then him yes. But remember how the Sox replace people. It's usually someone from a era when the Sox were playing good baseball. Ability to coach not required.