9/14 vs Oakland A's

flavum

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 14, 2015 -> 07:49 PM)
I'd rather have Bassit than Shark.

Yeah, id rather have them all back than Shark, they're looking to finish collectively at 4WAR for a tick over 1.5m and Ravelo made it back from injury at AAA, where as shark should finish at 2.8WAR with a potential comp pick and the sox spent nearly 10M on him.

QUOTE (beautox @ Sep 14, 2015 -> 08:56 PM)
Yeah, id rather have them all back than Shark, they're looking to finish collectively at 4WAR for a tick over 1.5m and Ravelo made it back from injury at AAA, where as shark should finish at 2.8WAR with a potential comp pick and the sox spent nearly 10M on him.

In bWAR, we gave up 4.5 and got back 0.2 ;)

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Sep 14, 2015 -> 07:41 PM)
Gray really doesn't look that impressive at all. How is his ERA so low? It seems like Sale and him should have their ERA's switched.

Gray really doesn't look that good. I remember reading somewhere that the BABIP against him was really low, so perhaps luck has played a big role in his great season.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Sep 14, 2015 -> 09:02 PM)

Gray really doesn't look that good. I remember reading somewhere that the BABIP against him was really low, so perhaps luck has played a big role in his great season.

Thing is...Oakland's not supposed to have a good defense either (you may have heard something about the quality defense of their SS). So if the defense is an excuse for why so many guys in our rotation are down, that should hit Gray too.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 15, 2015 -> 01:04 AM)
Thing is...Oakland's not supposed to have a good defense either (you may have heard something about the quality defense of their SS). So if the defense is an excuse for why so many guys in our rotation are down, that should hit Gray too.

You mean defensive shortstop with 34 errors?