9/15 vs Oakland A's

flavum

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Sep 15, 2015 -> 09:10 PM)
Oh, don't you worry. Nothing to worry about! Don't let this disgraceful baseball and empty park get you down. You see, this is only "Year 1" of the mighty "3 Year Plan" that is going to right this ship and get us back to the winning ways of a yesteryear long ago. Once we really get going on the rest of this plan, you'll see! You'll see the greatness that JR (Moe), KW (Larry), and Hahn (Curley) have coming our way. Just two years to go!!

Best part was 3 year plan was never was mentioned till late July when they were playing so bad. :snow

Edited by Soxfest

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Sep 16, 2015 -> 03:10 AM)
Oh, don't you worry. Nothing to worry about! Don't let this disgraceful baseball and empty park get you down. You see, this is only "Year 1" of the mighty "3 Year Plan" that is going to right this ship and get us back to the winning ways of a yesteryear long ago. Once we really get going on the rest of this plan, you'll see! You'll see the greatness that JR (Moe), KW (Larry), and Hahn (Curley) have coming our way. Just two years to go!!

You will forget this year if year two is good

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 15, 2015 -> 09:13 PM)
It really is remarkable how these acquisitions of stable consistent vets keep becoming the worst players in baseball as white sox. More bad luck I guess. Nothing we can do.

They come from the NL. Aging DH and pitchers don't translate well to the AL at least for the White Sox. They need to stop.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 15, 2015 -> 10:19 PM)
They come from the NL. Aging DH and pitchers don't translate well to the AL at least for the White Sox. They need to stop.

"Paying premium prices for mid level free agents" seems to be a particular recipe for failure and it's been our favorite move for a decade.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 15, 2015 -> 09:15 PM)
You will forget this year if year two is good

Well, I won't forget it, but I will certainly be very happy if we become a winning ball club next year and return to the postseason. That's all that matters: being competitive and exciting enough during the regular season to earn a berth in the playoffs, and then take your chances once you get there. It's been a very long time now since we've been that kind of a team. I hope the knuckleheads currently running things can pull a rabbit outta their you-know-what's and make that happen. Their cumulative track record doesn't generate much hope in that happening, but hey - who knows! Maybe they'll get lucky!

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 15, 2015 -> 10:26 PM)
They need to stop.

How else do you fix the fact that we're below average at 7 positions again? If we're going to compete next year we can't afford to just sign one guy and we need solid upgrades at many positions. We must spend big money on mid level free agents to compete next year. It'll work this time.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 15, 2015 -> 09:28 PM)
How else do you fix the fact that we're below average at 7 positions again? If we're going to compete next year we can't afford to just sign one guy and we need solid upgrades at many positions. We must spend big money on mid level free agents to compete next year. It'll work this time.

If they are willing to pay, why not keep trying? Not my money.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 15, 2015 -> 08:08 PM)
I'll go with history. You can sniff what comes out of a bull.

So if we somehow traded for Kris Bryant we should expect him to suck because he comes from the same losing organization that Samardzija did? Did LaRoche also come from a "losing" organization? Smells like bulls***.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 15, 2015 -> 09:23 PM)
"Paying premium prices for mid level free agents" seems to be a particular recipe for failure and it's been our favorite move for a decade.

Aside from this past off-season and maybe Dunn in 2011, when did we pay premium price for a free agent in the last decade? One off-season doesn't make a trend.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Sep 15, 2015 -> 09:46 PM)
So if we somehow traded for Kris Bryant we should expect him to suck because he comes from the same losing organization that Samardzija did? Did LaRoche also come from a "losing" organization? Smells like bulls***.

Bryant = A's organization. Rookie. Big difference. I'd prefer young players if you get them out of the NL.

These are NL veterans they keep wasting money on. They fail. There's a pattern - stop.

Not too much has changed since the Williams era - acquiring players from losing organization.

Nice try.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Sep 15, 2015 -> 09:48 PM)
Aside from this past off-season and maybe Dunn in 2011, when did we pay premium price for a free agent in the last decade? One off-season doesn't make a trend.

White Sox premium price is a different definition. At least the Sox aren't burdened with 10 year contracts.

Edited by kitekrazy

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 15, 2015 -> 08:33 PM)
The sox highlight of the year is not signing him to an extension

So sad, but yet so true.

On a personal note, my wife talked me into taking my boys to the Sunday (Sale) game vs. the Twins. I was horrified when I saw the starting lineup. Seriously? Flowers, LaRoche, Micah, Saladinho, Olt, Shuck, Adam and Trayce. What an embarrassment. There are AAA teams that could have shut this crew out. I want my money back!!! I know ... it's September and you play young kids to see what they have, but there should be some clause in the CBA about minimum requirements for fielding a competitive team.

QUOTE (skooch @ Sep 15, 2015 -> 10:02 PM)
So sad, but yet so true.

On a personal note, my wife talked me into taking my boys to the Sunday (Sale) game vs. the Twins. I was horrified when I saw the starting lineup. Seriously? Flowers, LaRoche, Micah, Saladinho, Olt, Shuck, Adam and Trayce. What an embarrassment. There are AAA teams that could have shut this crew out. I want my money back!!! I know ... it's September and you play young kids to see what they have, but there should be some clause in the CBA about minimum requirements for fielding a competitive team.

At least you got to see Trayce. I'm praying I do when I go tomorrow. He's been worth the price of admission, but Robin gonna Robin too

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 15, 2015 -> 10:01 PM)
Bryant = A's organization. Rookie. Big difference. I'd prefer young players if you get them out of the NL.

These are NL veterans they keep wasting money on. They fail. There's a pattern - stop.

Not too much has changed since the Williams era - acquiring players from losing organization.

Nice try.

What other players did we acquire from losing organizations? We got Dunn and LaRoche from the Nationals. Why are they considered a losing organization? Who are the teams you consider losing organizations anyway? Many of the teams that would fall under that if you looked at the last 20 years are in line to make the playoffs this year. Would Felix Hernandez fall under this umbrella as a player with a "losing mentality"? Or is he different just because Seattle is in the AL?