9/15 vs Oakland A's

flavum

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Sep 15, 2015 -> 10:13 PM)
What other players did we acquire from losing organizations? We got Dunn and LaRoche from the Nationals. Why are they considered a losing organization? Who are the teams you consider losing organizations anyway? Many of the teams that would fall under that if you looked at the last 20 years are in line to make the playoffs this year. Would Felix Hernandez fall under this umbrella as a player with a "losing mentality"? Or is he different just because Seattle is in the AL?

Dunn, LaRoche ( as I said before = aging NL sluggers)

Go back a decade.

or you could continue to smash that round peg into the square hole to try to prove your point.

See how players from losing organizations translates into other sports.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 15, 2015 -> 08:13 PM)
It really is remarkable how these acquisitions of stable consistent vets keep becoming the worst players in baseball as white sox. More bad luck I guess. Nothing we can do.

Or maybe it has something to do with the manager and his coaching staff as well...luck only comes into play so much.

Mark

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 15, 2015 -> 10:22 PM)
Dunn, LaRoche ( as I said before = aging NL sluggers)

Go back a decade.

or you could continue to smash that round peg into the square hole to try to prove your point.

See how players from losing organizations translates into other sports.

Way to avoid the question. Who are the losing organizations? Also explain how these players can perform well for these "losing organizations" but then suddenly regress hard just by the act of coming here. It's not like there's a lot of pressure to play here. You're not making any sense. Also Dunn was hardly an aging slugger at 31 years old when we signed him, especially for the DH position.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 15, 2015 -> 10:32 PM)
Lexi and Leury do the job. Glad I tuned in in time to watch.

Can you believe how bad Shark is? Some GM is gonna give that guy 15-20 mill a year for 4-5 years?? My gawd, sports are disgusting in how they throw away money.

Do you really think he's going to get that much money? He is going to end the season with 5+ ERA!

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 16, 2015 -> 03:34 AM)
Do you really think he's going to get that much money? He is going to end the season with 5+ ERA!

Yes. There are plenty of excuses he can use to get the $$$s to go back to the NL. Same as Cueto. NL teams to pay the $$$ for the big 'name' pitchers.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 15, 2015 -> 10:29 PM)
One of the best moments of the season. Hilarious reactions by him.

That's a f***ing pathetic statement and sadly mostly true. What a disaster this organization is.

The Sox are an embarrassment. Lot of people stealing money. Can you believe how bad the team's home record is this year? It's pathetic. Sitting right at .500 I believe.

I don't see how anybody can buy season tickets for this trash next season. Sox are not going to be able to change the squad dramatically UNLESS somebody's willing to take our high priced guys off our hands which is doubtful. Hopefully the Sox can talk an NL team into taking LaRoche and Melky off the squad's hands. I can't believe I'm saying this but I'd have rather given Viciedo or Trayce the 550 at bats than Melky. Viciedo woulda hit .220 with about 25 bombs; Trayce, who knows what he woulda hit?

So the Sox have blown chunks 2 straight seasons now. Prospects of a third straight lousy season are very likely. What ya gonna do about it, Jerry?