Swingandalongonetoleft

9/16 Athletics at White Sox

Cody Martin (2-4, 6.57 ERA) v. Erik Johnson (1-0, 3.27 ERA)

Hopefully the offense shows some class and respect for their teammate and friend and doesn't outright sabotage Johnson's start with their "run support" like they did to Jeff Shamabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzjarjah yesterday.

Not sure why Carroll wasn't up earlier. You always need a guy who can eat innings in September, and when you're not in a pennant chase, it doesn't really matter how good he is.

I wish baseball would increase to 26 men. Carroll was a great assett to have with this staff (rodon/danks bad games, shark bad everything)

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 16, 2015 -> 01:51 PM)
I'm sure the union has something to do with 25 men.

I'm not sure that's the case, that would open up opportunities for 30 more members.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 16, 2015 -> 02:10 PM)
I'm not sure that's the case, that would open up opportunities for 30 more members.

Yeah they'd actually support expanded rosters.

I remember when this season began and we were all like "And Cabrera FINALLY solves our #2 hole problems!"

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 16, 2015 -> 01:34 PM)
Not sure why Carroll wasn't up earlier. You always need a guy who can eat innings in September, and when you're not in a pennant chase, it doesn't really matter how good he is.

Because you should bring up real prospects in September not AAAA fodder. Even Junior Guerra should be up instead of Carroll.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 16, 2015 -> 04:26 PM)
I remember when this season began and we were all like "And Cabrera FINALLY solves our #2 hole problems!"

To be fair, if he had been hitting #2 all season, he'd probably still have his .274/10/68. That's not too bad for a #2 hitter. Big improvement from last year, for sure.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 16, 2015 -> 04:39 PM)
To be fair, if he had been hitting #2 all season, he'd probably still have his .274/10/68. That's not too bad for a #2 hitter. Big improvement from last year, for sure.

It's not about Melky, more about how LaRoche/Avi failed.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 16, 2015 -> 10:44 PM)
Glad ill be at the game so I can miss Swirsky.

At least we get to hear 1,000 questions to Stone during the game.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 16, 2015 -> 05:46 PM)
And glad Olt is here to take time from Micah

How so? If Olt wasn't playing, you probably see Saladino at third and neither Sanchez nor Micah at short so explain.