9/16 Athletics at White Sox

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Sep 16, 2015 -> 06:52 PM)
Same here.

And I'm very sad that Hawk won't be there tonight. It's just not the same without his wit and charm.

lol. Everything about this franchise is stale and old. Wheels are coming off everywhere including in the broadcast booth. Why the Sox continue to put up with Hawk's' poor health and inability to sit in the booth when the team sucks in September is beyond me. I guess like many loyal employees he's earned the right to fire himself from the ORG. They extended it to RV and KW, might as well extend it to Hawk.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Sep 16, 2015 -> 06:59 PM)
lol. Everything about this franchise is stale and old. Wheels are coming off everywhere including in the broadcast booth. Why the Sox continue to put up with Hawk's' poor health and inability to sit in the booth when the team sucks in September is beyond me. I guess like many loyal employees he's earned the right to fire himself from the ORG. They extended it to RV and KW, might as well extend it to Hawk.

I wouldn't be opposed to gutting the entire organization from top to bottom except for Hawk, Sale, and Rodon.

Sale is one the best in the game, so he can stay, Rodon has a ton of potential, and Hawk is an all-time legend that should be in the booth for however long he wants to.

Everyone else can F off and I wouldn't care.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Sep 16, 2015 -> 07:02 PM)
I wouldn't be opposed to gutting the entire organization from top to bottom except for Hawk, Sale, and Rodon.

Sale is one the best in the game, so he can stay, Rodon has a ton of potential, and Hawk is an all-time legend that should be in the booth for however long he wants to.

An all time legend? Well, at least we both want Jake Arrieta to get rocked.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 12:02 AM)

i would add Jose A there and Q.

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 16, 2015 -> 07:46 PM)
i would add Jose A there and Q.

Q is fantastic but I hope he's traded for the best package of bats the Sox can get. Unless they wanna package some prospects together(Not apposed to this as long as it isn't Anderson/Fulmer/Adams/Alvarez((yes I'm super high on Alvarez))) trading Q is the best way to get back the offense they need.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 16, 2015 -> 08:00 PM)
Q is fantastic but I hope he's traded for the best package of bats the Sox can get. Unless they wanna package some prospects together(Not apposed to this as long as it isn't Anderson/Fulmer/Adams/Alvarez((yes I'm super high on Alvarez))) trading Q is the best way to get back the offense they need.

This is my thought as well. There's already decent depth in the rotation even if he is traded.

Sale/Rodon/Danks/Johnson/Someone else isn't too bad for next year and then Fulmer and one of Danish/Montas/Adams/Beck/etc in 2017 can replace Danks and the #5 guy.

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 16, 2015 -> 04:16 PM)
Swirsky in for Hawk.

I don't think there's any doubt Grandpa is cutting back next year.

Well he was going to cut back this year until he was fooled into thinking the Sox would be challenging for a playoff spot.

Wait until he sees what the front office does in year two of the "plan"!

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Sep 16, 2015 -> 08:10 PM)
This is my thought as well. There's already decent depth in the rotation even if he is traded.

Sale/Rodon/Danks/Johnson/Someone else isn't too bad for next year and then Fulmer and one of Danish/Montas/Adams/Beck/etc in 2017 can replace Danks and the #5 guy.

Really hoping Buehrle wants to retire a White Sox. I wouldn't blame him for wanting to go to a contender though.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Sep 16, 2015 -> 07:02 PM)

Every morning I wakeup hoping to hear the good news that either Ventura has been fired or Kenny has moved on. Well I can hope.

White sox are 1-8 in sharks starts since July 30th. If they had gone 5-4 they'd be 3 games back of the wild card with a win tonight. That's the margin of error in today's baseball. If shark had actually Pitched like a true number 2 or 3 like they thought they were getting the white sox might actually be leading the wild card 2nd spot