Athletics at White Sox

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 02:35 PM)
Whenever he runs out a ball to first, he looks like he's about to have his knee go out.

He is always grimacing. I know he had some back issues as well. He seems to be able to run straight lines fine, but watching him in between pitches in the OF last night, it seems he was always trying to get stretched out, and did a lot of walking around. I don't think he's fully healthy.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 08:38 PM)
He is always grimacing. I know he had some back issues as well. He seems to be able to run straight lines fine, but watching him in between pitches in the OF last night, it seems he was always trying to get stretched out, and did a lot of walking around. I don't think he's fully healthy.

Might be time to shut him down if his knee/back is hurting him. He looks horrendous at the plate. I honestly feel he's playing himself out of the team's plans going forward.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 08:40 PM)
From following on Soxtalk I'm under the impression that Olt misthrew a ball so badly it ended in the concourse somehow. I'm sure that's accurate.

Great post! Amazing how much Olt getting at bats seems to upset people.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 07:22 PM)
Realistically, these are the guys who should be playing right now anyway.

Plus it's a day game after a night game and the getaway game. If you have players brought up in Sept this is the type of game you put them in to play

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 02:43 PM)
Great post! Amazing how much Olt getting at bats seems to upset people.

It pisses me off, that's for sure. Sick of bad defensive players. Would rather see how Sanchez could hold up at short and Saladino at 3b. They're potentially part of this future, Olt isnt.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 08:54 PM)
Colleen Kane ‏@ChiTribKane 36m36 minutes ago

Olt's homer estimated at 443 feet. Now has 3 for the year, 1 with the Cubs, 2 with the Sox.

Is he trying to make people change their minds about his Sox future? Although today he is at 1B and made an error. I think that's 4 at 3B and 1 at 1B. He did make a good play or two last night though

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 02:52 PM)
I might be in the minority, but I actually like Olt. His defense might be mediocre, but at least he has some pop, which this team desperately needs.

Chances are he sucks, but pre-2013 he was a top 22 prospect, and he plays a position of need, with, like you mentioned big power, another need. I don't understand why some are so upset he's playing in September. If his eye issues are being him, if his adjustments work out, he could be a huge find. If it doesn't work out, who cares, you paid him the minimum for a month to find out. He actually has made a few nice plays at 3B. Some of his throws have been a bit off. If you need his roster spot this winter, so be it, but if you don't, bring him the spring training as see what you have. It probably isn't much, the people not wanting him to play are probably correct that he won't be the White Sox starting 3B, but this is exactly the kind of guy who should be playing right now.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 08:55 PM)
It pisses me off, that's for sure. Sick of bad defensive players. Would rather see how Sanchez could hold up at short and Saladino at 3b. They're potentially part of this future, Olt isnt.

Olt's supposed to have GG caliber defense. I know I've said this a few times, but I'm thrilled they don't seem to think Saladino is the 3B of the future.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 02:55 PM)

Team going nowhere, I have no problem playing guys to see what they got. We know what Sanchez can do at this point.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 02:56 PM)
Chances are he sucks, but pre-2013 he was a top 22 prospect, and he plays a position of need, with, like you mentioned big power, another need. I don't understand why some are so upset he's playing in September. If his eye issues are being him, if his adjustments work out, he could be a huge find. If it doesn't work out, who cares, you paid him the minimum for a month to find out. He actually has made a few nice plays at 3B. Some of his throws have been a bit off. If you need his roster spot this winter, so be it, but if you don't, bring him the spring training as see what you have. It probably isn't much, the people not wanting him to play are probably correct that he won't be the White Sox starting 3B, but this is exactly the kind of guy who should be playing right now.

This is a perfect post. I couldn't have said it any better myself.

He's the typical scrap heap pickup, but he does have some upside still. I'm completely fine with them playing him everyday at this point. The team isn't in contention anyway, so they might as well see what he has and maybe he can be an impact player in the future.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 02:57 PM)
Olt's supposed to have GG caliber defense. I know I've said this a few times, but I'm thrilled they don't seem to think Saladino is the 3B of the future.

I don't think Saladino is a future starting 3b either, but at least he's got a shot at here even if it's on the bench. Might as well get him all the abs as possible while it doesn't cost us anything.

Yeah, Tyler has played, but they sure dropped him like a bad habit when someone marginally better came along.

I have no doubt in my mind that the top of Hahn's To Do list this winter is a 3B.

Yeah, absolutely need more power at 3B. Saladino at best is probably a stopgap at SS until Anderson is ready then becomes a utility player.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 03:00 PM)
Yeah, Tyler has played, but they sure dropped him like a bad habit when someone marginally better came along.

I have no doubt in my mind that the top of Hahn's To Do list this winter is a 3B.

Probably because Saladino is going to be moved over a few feet.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 09:00 PM)

From everything Sox personnel have said, they view Saladino as a SS. Stone has said numerous times his future is there, and not at 3B. And yes, 3B might be the biggest need for next year. No doubt in my mind guys like M. Johnson and Montas will be trade bait.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 09:01 PM)
Probably because Saladino is going to be moved over a few feet.

I'm probably the only one who thinks Anderson will be given a shot at winning the SS battle in ST if Alexei doesn't return (which I think he will).