Athletics at White Sox

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 03:12 PM)
Olt/Crede and Shuck/Quentin bringing back some memories of 2008 with jersey numbers at least...

We're already 25% of the way to the Royals' stretch of no playoffs for 28 years. Yay!

Want to bet we won't make it that far?

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 03:02 PM)
I'm probably the only one who thinks Anderson will be given a shot at winning the SS battle in ST if Alexei doesn't return (which I think he will).

I'm hoping they pick up Alexei's option. They can't go into the winter with question marks at 3/4 of the infield.

QUOTE (bjm676 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 04:15 PM)
I'm hoping they pick up Alexei's option. They can't go into the winter with question marks at 3/4 of the infield.

yes they can and they absolutely should, but they won't and it'll probably work as well as it did this year.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 02:14 PM)
Want to bet we won't make it that far?

I'm starting to have my doubts that Sale or Abreu will ever see the playoffs in a Sox jersey.

Partly because that would require a new manager...and that might not happen for another 2-3 seasons at the rate they're going.

QUOTE (bjm676 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 03:20 PM)
Sad tweet of the day:

@SpaldingBalls 5h5 hours ago Wisconsin, USA

if current standings hold, the only teams without playoff appearances, 2009-2015:

Mariners

Marlins

Padres

White Sox

Yet KW stays employed

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 09:19 PM)
Avi strikes out again on a high fastball. What else is new?

Whoever Tweeted that to Avi ... that's pretty funny cause you know he thought of that offensive tweet when he got owned on that last high fastball.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 09:23 PM)
And that's a full decade if not for Hahn's kid guessing right on the coin flip...because the Twins would have clobbered the Sox in the MetroDoom in 2008.

True. Sox had no chance in the Dome.

QUOTE (bjm676 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 03:20 PM)
Sad tweet of the day:

@SpaldingBalls 5h5 hours ago Wisconsin, USA

if current standings hold, the only teams without playoff appearances, 2009-2015:

Mariners

Marlins

Padres

White Sox

Woof. As a die hard, just like everybody else who is in here right now, that is badddddd. My overall excitement for next year is about as low as it can be too.

I don't even know how you fix it.. In years past I had ideas. This year? I don't have any.