Athletics at White Sox

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 04:40 PM)
I never understood why day games are scheduled during the week. The attendance will always be low because most people will be at work or school.

Because tomorrow night the A's have to play in Houston and a direct flight is just under 3 hours, so if teams play until 10 pm they don't get into the hotel until 3 a.m., and occasionally games do go into extra innings where they'd get in at 4-6 a.m.

It costs teams money so not every team is nice enough to schedule the day game on a travel day, but it really is professional courtesy. If you want other teams to treat your guys well so that they're not getting into the hotel at 4:00 am before their next game, then you sacrifice some ticket sales to treat their guys well.

If we were in a playoff race, we'd be flying to Cleveland, losing an hour for the time zone shift after tonight's game, so we'd be getting in at 1-2 a.m. and we'd be unhappy if our guys came out sluggish.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 03:44 PM)
For some reason this game has felt like a loss all the way through. Now it is a loss. When it was 2-1 I had to remind myself Sox were winning.

This Sox team blows. Prospects of next year just as dismal.

If Ventura, KW and Hahn return it will be just as bad.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 09:42 PM)
I had a big ticket package this year...that's not true.

I need to plan a trip to Chicago next September for that long homestand. If we are out of the race, would any Soxtalkers give me freebies? That would be cool. Free tickets; free parking. Sit anywhere you want in empty stadium. Nice.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 03:46 PM)
I need to plan a trip to Chicago next September for that long homestand. If we are out of the race, would any Soxtalkers give me freebies? That would be cool. Free tickets; free parking. Sit anywhere you want in empty stadium. Nice.

Probably, check out the ticket exchange ahead of time.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 03:46 PM)

Just lurk around the gates on game day, I bet you could have gotten in for free with some effort over the past 2 months.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 03:44 PM)
Because tomorrow night the A's have to play in Houston and a direct flight is just under 3 hours, so if teams play until 10 pm they don't get into the hotel until 3 a.m., and occasionally games do go into extra innings where they'd get in at 4-6 a.m.

It costs teams money so not every team is nice enough to schedule the day game on a travel day, but it really is professional courtesy. If you want other teams to treat your guys well so that they're not getting into the hotel at 4:00 am before their next game, then you sacrifice some ticket sales to treat their guys well.

If we were in a playoff race, we'd be flying to Cleveland, losing an hour for the time zone shift after tonight's game, so we'd be getting in at 1-2 a.m. and we'd be unhappy if our guys came out sluggish.

Baltimore refuses to give teams afternoon getaway games at home, but complain to the league office when they are on the road and teams do not do it for them.

Edited by Soxfest