Athletics at White Sox

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 04:43 PM)
Also, I think what you mentioned is why it's disappointing they didn't unload Robertson last month. You can easily acquire a closer for cheaper/less years going forward if you start to make some progress in talent acquisition this offseason. No reason to pay huge money for Robertson given his struggles this year. I highly doubt he'd get the same amount of money if he was a FA this offseason.

I bet Hahn listened to offers and is not the sumpin for nuttin guy.

I disagree about getting a closer for less and be effective. Otherwise they would have done it.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 03:18 AM)
I bet Hahn listened to offers and is not the sumpin for nuttin guy.

I disagree about getting a closer for less and be effective. Otherwise they would have done it.

i agree. they have been looking and when jones went down last yr. no other pitcher was able to step up.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Sep 17, 2015 -> 11:36 PM)
It's been an embarrassing year for the White Sox, and what's troubling is they can't even sell us on hope. Nothing short of a complete dismantling of office personnel, coaches, scouts and players will help this team. There's no, "oh lets make a few shrewd moves and we'll be able to compete. Nope.....it's going to take all the right moves to contend in 2017. If Hahn doesn't start by trading Quintana for a haul we may be screwed even further. I'll go as far as to say it will be the most important trade easily in the last decade for the White Sox. We have to realize how depleted we are offensively, how pitching is our surplus, and how valuable someone such as Q is considering talent and contract. Hahn HAS to succeed, and we shouldn't expect less as fans

Sox should never have gotten in position they have to trade Q. If they hadn't won seven of eight on that road trip they "might" have pulled the trigger and traded Shark, Duke, Lexi and Robertson and gotten the haul right there. Now they have to trade Q? I'll tell you one thing if you trade Q you suddenly have a lot of ifs in the starting rotation. I realize Shark was trash, but now you got 2 starters to replace and Montas or EJ as well as our last No. 1 pick, I forget his name, better be OUTSTANDING.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 04:15 AM)
Sox should never have gotten in position they have to trade Q. If they hadn't won seven of eight on that road trip they "might" have pulled the trigger and traded Shark, Duke, Lexi and Robertson and gotten the haul right there. Now they have to trade Q? I'll tell you one thing if you trade Q you suddenly have a lot of ifs in the starting rotation. I realize Shark was trash, but now you got 2 starters to replace and Montas or EJ as well as our last No. 1 pick, I forget his name, better be OUTSTANDING.

i think there are 2 time span in play here.

the first one is when kw screwed the future of this team by being an inept idiot.

and

the second time was that bs non action on trying to decide on whether to make a run. i believe this is what you are talking about.

now i also blame shark for just going thru the motions in his pitching since the trade deadline.