9/18 at Cleveland Indians

flavum

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 03:00 PM)
Oh goodie. We get to play Cleveland again. How did baseball owners agree to this asinine unbalanced schedule? The Sox basically compete against four teams: KC, Detroit, Cleveland and Minnie over and over and over. BORING.

Yep, and those teams repeatedly destroy Sale because they see him 4-5 times a year each.

Sale's ERA would be a full run lower if he was in any other division IMO.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 03:01 PM)
Yep, and those teams repeatedly destroy Sale because they see him 4-5 times a year each.

Sale's ERA would be a full run lower if he was in any other divisions in my opinion

Disagree. You're saying that because central teams destroy him more is because they see him more then that would mean if other teams in other divisions saw him that many times, then there is a possibility of him getting hit around in another division.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 03:01 PM)

Sale's ERA would be a full run lower if he was in any other division IMO.

Because if he were in another division those teams wouldn't be seeing him just as much? That makes no sense. Why don't we own every pitcher in our division then if we see them so often?

He has a rough ERA against every ALC foe this year sans Cleveland (2.45 ERA), but last year he was fine.

Detroit: 2.25 ERA

Cleveland: 2.57 ERA

Minnesota: 2.95 ERA

KC: 2.70 ERA

I wouldn't read too much into it.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 03:17 PM)
Because if he were in another division those teams wouldn't be seeing him just as much? That makes no sense. Why don't we own every pitcher in our division then if we see them so often?

He has a rough ERA against every ALC foe this year sans Cleveland (2.45 ERA), but last year he was fine.

Detroit: 2.25 ERA

Cleveland: 2.57 ERA

Minnesota: 2.95 ERA

KC: 2.70 ERA

I wouldn't read too much into it.

Because the Sox offense is trash haha.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 09:07 PM)
Disagree. You're saying that because central teams destroy him more is because they see him more then that would mean if other teams in other divisions saw him that many times, then there is a possibility of him getting hit around in another division.

Good post.

Also, teams in the same division know each other so well, it's tougher on hitters to get hits. Shifts, baby. Baseball will never go back to a true schedule because a.) New York and Boston demand to play each other 19 times and b.) it's cheaper this way traveling to teams so close to home over and over. It's very boring and unsatisfactory the way it is now!

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 01:16 PM)
Except for tonight.

I want Sale to get as many wins as possible.

I could care less about his wins. I only want to see him come out healthy as well as the rest of the key players.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Sep 19, 2015 -> 01:05 AM)
The only good thing is that this doesn't hurt his ERA.

Who cares about his W-L record or ERA right now. He's clearly not pitching well. I'm surprised by the lack of disappointment in his season on this board.

Edited by fathom