9/18 at Cleveland Indians

flavum

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Sep 19, 2015 -> 01:27 AM)
WINNER! Seriously, nothing the Sox do makes any sense. Why are they not starting to shut guys down and look to 2016?

Why is Micah Johnson not playing every day? He's the perfect example of someone who needs as many at bats as possible right now.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 07:22 PM)
If you think Sanchez is the answer at 2B, glad you are not running the front office. By the looks of it since 2008 the people you hold in such high standard have zero playoff appearances. They are great though :snow

I'm only talking about Sanchez so I don't know who you mean when you say "people".

I never said Sanchez is or is not the answer. Just willing to wait and see what he brings the rest of this season and in 2016. With so many holes to fill, Sanchez is hardly the biggest problem on this team.

Young players take time to develop and if you look at Sanchez history in the minors, he has struggled each time he moved up, then adapted and hit well so I have no problem with giving him playing time to see if he can adapt to MLB pitching. Sanchez is still quite young.

Edited by BlackSox13

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 07:17 PM)
Sale should have been shelved 2 weeks ago.

Most of the usual suspect in the lineup. This is not "young player friendly" organization, especially with Cooper and Ventura in the dugout.

But I'm sure glad Melky loves Robbie as manager.

I hate this attitude. Pitchers are not glass. Has MLB become this pussified?

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 07:26 PM)
Or you know they could not having him throw 110+ pitches in June. This franchise is f***ing retarded.

I see and agree with your point. I didn't understand it myself when the Sox were running his pitch counts so high and so early in the season.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 07:11 PM)
Also forget trading Q, the real piece Hahn should be using is Sale to get some impact bats

Thats how i feel. Sale to the dodgers makes a ton of sense; getting Seager + Barnes at the major league level + Urias and some other prospects would go a long way in helping this franchise.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 07:32 PM)
I'm only talking about Sanchez so I don't know who you mean when you say "people".

I never said Sanchez is or is not the answer. Just willing to wait and see what he brings the rest of this season and in 2016. With so many holes to fill, Sanchez is hardly the biggest problem on this team.

Young players take time to develop and if you look at Sanchez history in the minors, he has struggled each time he moved up, then adapted and hit well so I have no problem with giving him playing time to see if he can adapt to MLB pitching. Sanchez is still quite young.

That is why Johnson should be playing everyday..........Sox know what Sanchez can't do. We disagree on Sanchez I say utility player, you say no.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (beautox @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 07:36 PM)
Thats how i feel. Sale to the dodgers makes a ton of sense; getting Seager + Barnes at the major league level + Urias and some other prospects would go a long way in helping this franchise.

As sad as it would be to see him go, I think it's for the best to trade him as well for a couple reasons.

1. He deserves to be on a playoff team for once

2. The return for him would be franchise changing.

3. The Sox won't win with him here.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 07:42 PM)
That is why Johnson should be playing everyday..........Sox know what Sanchez can't do. We disagree on Sanchez I say utility player, you say no.

Johnson was sent down due to his poor defense and also why he wasn't re called until September. I like Johnson's bat and his wheels but his defense is putrid and the guys has issues with staying healthy. Too bad the Sox cannot combine Sanchez's defense/health with Micah's bat/wheels. That would be a hell of a player.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Sep 19, 2015 -> 12:48 AM)
Fathom, you've officially hit an all-time low in terms of overreactions.

He could have thrown a perfect game tonight and I would have said same thing. Looking at mookie's numbers just now on fangraphs just makes me want a mega-deal with Boston even more

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 07:50 PM)
Johnson was sent down due to his poor defense and also why he wasn't re called until September. I like Johnson's bat and his wheels but his defense is putrid and the guys has issues with staying healthy. Too bad the Sox cannot combine Sanchez's defense/health with Micah's bat/wheels. That would be a hell of a player.

I do agree If we could combine them....................separately I do not see either guy being a long term answer.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 18, 2015 -> 07:51 PM)
He could have thrown a perfect game tonight and I would have said same thing. Looking at mookie's numbers just now on fangraphs just makes me want a mega-deal with Boston even more

Fair enough then. I just don't think any of us should overreact to his putrid numbers as of late (whether due to a tired arm or simply losing focus in a lossed season), when we all saw how dominant he's capable of being earlier this year.