9/18 at Cleveland Indians

flavum

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Sep 19, 2015 -> 01:18 PM)
Last game we had posters thinking the Twins knew something that was tipping his pitchers. They must have shared w the Indians. I think he is just running out of gas down the stretch. He has had a hell of a season so I wish they would let him take it easy for the next few weeks. He is the franchise and they need to keep him healthy.

I said two weeks ago we should shut him down. Absolutely no reason to pitch with the team dead and buried. He's not necessarily the franchise BTW. With all pitchers, one simple injury changes all that kind of talk.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 19, 2015 -> 03:30 PM)
I said two weeks ago we should shut him down. Absolutely no reason to pitch with the team dead and buried. He's not necessarily the franchise BTW. With all pitchers, one simple injury changes all that kind of talk.

Continue to very much disagree.

Get him to 200 innings. He's still a guy who "building up his arm" is a good thing. The extra innings this year could very well be the reason why he avoids a dead arm period next year.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 19, 2015 -> 08:30 PM)

with all due respect to every one else, i was and still am on the same page with you. anything now is for awards and post seasons personal best records.

screw all that and protect your interest.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 19, 2015 -> 02:32 PM)

Get him to 200 innings. He's still a guy who "building up his arm" is a good thing. The extra innings this year could very well be the reason why he avoids a dead arm period next year.

Absolutely agree. How can the Sox ever have hopes of relying on Sale in the post season if he begins to tire during September before he's made 33 starts? As long as Sale is healthy he needs to be out there pitching to keep stretching that arm out. How confident would Sox fans feel about Sale right now if the Sox were heading to the post season this year? I don't agree with the high pitch counts but Sale needs every inning he can get, even if its just five or six. Fans need to remember were talking about a pitcher that has yet to top 30 starts in this his 4th full season as a starter. This is the first season he can actually top 30 starts and hopefully he does.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 19, 2015 -> 03:32 PM)

My concern would be if he does have a dead arm, he is very competitive and may get hurt trying to over compensate. 200 innings is only a number. Other factors like # of starts in hot weather and number of stressful innings also affect total innings for a season. Hopefully FO is monitoring him.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Sep 19, 2015 -> 06:17 PM)
My concern would be if he does have a dead arm, he is very competitive and may get hurt trying to over compensate. 200 innings is only a number. Other factors like # of starts in hot weather and number of stressful innings also affect total innings for a season. Hopefully FO is monitoring him.

Yes, he could be overworking himself now, but my view of it is "if he's going to get hurt in the next 2 starts then what would happen if he had to pitch 220 in a playoff run in 2017?" Stretch him out now, he's probably tired, and we set him up better to stay healthy in seasons when we care more.