When all of your teams suck

kitekrazy

How do you handle it?

Sox - what more can you say?

Colts - remind too much of the White Sox

NBA - don't watch it

NCAA - family is either Louisville or KY fans. I have an occasional interest in the Final Four but it's win it all or bust.

NHL - Blackhawks. The season will be interesting. I can't watch them since I'm in AZ.

I love baseball over them all. I guess my excitement could come from the Fall league or watching kids play.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 22, 2015 -> 03:51 AM)
How do you handle it?

Sox - what more can you say?

Colts - remind too much of the White Sox

NBA - don't watch it

NCAA - family is either Louisville or KY fans. I have an occasional interest in the Final Four but it's win it all or bust.

NHL - Blackhawks. The season will be interesting. I can't watch them since I'm in AZ.

I love baseball over them all. I guess my excitement could come from the Fall league or watching kids play.

We, meaning Chicago fans, don't have much to b**** about. Blackhawks have kept the city in championship mode with three in six years for goshsakes. Sox won it in 2005 which is better than last reaching world series in 1959. I hate the Cubs but they give Chicago another playoff team this year. And the Bulls won so many titles with Mikey that Chicago is not known as a city of losers anymore by any stretch.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 21, 2015 -> 11:21 PM)
A Colts, Blackhawks, and Kentucky /Louisville basketball fan is complaining about their teams sucking? That's not allowed.

Yeah, I know. I mean, I grew up a Chiefs fan (no playoff win in 20-ish years) and Sonics fan (moved!). I also chose to root for Tottenham when I picked up English soccer ten years ago (chronically underperform). Thankfully, UConn has a good sized presence in upstate NY and I grew up rooting for them. The only consistently good team that I root for.

Born in 1984 and started watching sports around 90-91. As a fan of the Sox, Packers, Bulls, Blackhawks and Badgers there really has never been a time where at least one of my teams hasn't been a contender. 1 World Series, 6 NBA Championships, 2 Super Bowls, 3 NFC Titles, 3 Stanley Cups, 3 Rose Bowl wins and 3 Final Fours in 25 years of fandom is something I really can't complain too much about.

Edited by lasttriptotulsa

I enjoy the sports on their own, baseball especially. I follow the majors in general very closely, especially when the Sox are bad. It's my favorite sport--I read about it constantly and listen to about a half a dozen different baseball podcasts. I have MLB Extra Innings/mlb.tv, so the Sox being bad just means I watch them a little less and watch everyone else a little more.

I also don't give a damn about hockey, football (I put the NFL on in the background on some Sundays, but I have no time for college football), or college hoops aside from ISU. I spend my time thinking/reading about baseball during the winter almost as much as I do during the season. I follow the NBA and really enjoy it, but not with the same fervor as I do baseball. I also follow English soccer pretty closely, though not as much as I did ~5 years ago. The sport I follow almost as close as baseball is pro tennis, where you don't run into the whole "my team sucks" problem.

Edited by 3GamesToLove

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 21, 2015 -> 10:18 PM)
I don't think people who have him on their fantasy team wold agree. They have a bottom 5 coaching staff and a bad GM.

The coaching staff (save for Pep Hamilton) isn't the problem, it's Grigson. Grigson put Pep Hamilton in place, Grigson bought terrible free agents like Landry and Jean-Francois, and Grigson hasn't upgraded the talent on the offensive line. Hamilton, Grigson's guy, can't call a game to save his life and has never heard of this strange "hot route" concept to combat the blitz. For the offense to struggle enough to be the reason that the Colts are 0-2 and the defense has been the side of the ball doing its job despite the consistently high investment in the offense since the arrival of Luck tells you all you need to know about where the problem lies.

• 2 weeks later...

It kind of sucks when your best team is in the least culturally important league.

Illini are a pretend 4-1

Bears are playing for draft picks

Sox haven't been good in years

The Bulls are good but not good enough

The Blackhawks are excellent but don't really matter.

Also, the only hockey team on TV here (The Stars) look great on paper, but suck. Center Ice it is, then.

Edited by AustinIllini

Sox: Bad/mediocre for the last 7-10 years at least.

Bears: Worst team in the NFL

Bulls: In a rut. Good enough to be in the playoffs, not good enough to win the title.

Notre Dame sports: Basketball was decent last year, but they're in rebuilding mode. Football always teases, but is never there at the end of the season.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 11:05 AM)
Sox: Bad/mediocre for the last 7-10 years at least.

Bears: Worst team in the NFL

Bulls: In a rut. Good enough to be in the playoffs, not good enough to win the title.

Notre Dame sports: Basketball was decent last year, but they're in rebuilding mode. Football always teases, but is never there at the end of the season.

Cutler is good enough they're not the worst in the NFL. Between coaching staff, starting quarterback, and running back play, the Bears look a lot better than I expected. When he has played, Cutler has looked better than his has in a number of seasons.