9/23 at Detroit Tigers

flavum

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 09:54 AM)
Why mike olt why

Why not? They want to see if they have something. Maybe a platoon option. No reason for him not to play. He probably sucks but he has less than 400 big league plate appearances total.

Edited by Y2JImmy0

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 09:57 AM)
Why not? They want to see if they have something. Maybe a platoon option. No reason for him not to play. He probably sucks but he has less than 400 big league plate appearances total.

He doesn't have anything and his defense is atrocious. Barring him being prime Albert Pujols over the last 10 games (lol), he has no spot here. Would much rather have Saladino as well as Sanchez and Micah get the experience.

Still really want to see those 3 start across the infield in one of these final games. Does not seem like we'll get it.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 09:57 AM)

His splits indicate he isn't much of a platoon option. Saladino should be getting more of the playing time, he is the better player.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 10:12 AM)
His splits indicate he isn't much of a platoon option. Saladino should be getting more of the playing time, he is the better player.

Saladino isn't a starting 3B option either though. They could start him at SS or use him as a utility guy. Saladino will not be the starting 3B next season if they plan on contending.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 10:12 AM)

I'd argue that there is no indication of anything because he only has 400 major league plate appearances.

QUOTE (bjm676 @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 08:10 AM)
i think by now, they know what they have in Olt and Micah Johnson. Not many are positives. Might as well just play out the string. They need warm bodies in the lineup.

I think you meant Carlos Sanchez. Micah should be starting every game to evaluate his defensive improvement. Even an adequate fielding 2b with Micah's on base/speed potential is super valuable to this club.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 10:33 AM)
definitely someone they need to move this offseason, he just sucks

The emergence of Montas should allow them to save face on that trade and just dump him too. I feel like they've put so much stock into sticking with him despite his overall suckitude because he was our big return for Jake Peavy.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 12:35 PM)
The emergence of Montas should allow them to save face on that trade and just dump him too. I feel like they've put so much stock into sticking with him despite his overall suckitude because he was our big return for Jake Peavy.

Whoever scouted him and thought he could play CF should be fired.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 05:35 PM)

Totally agree, I still think you can get a talented, yet underperforming player back for Avi.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 10:38 AM)
Totally agree, I still think you can get a talented, yet underperforming player back for Avi.

I'd take a decent reliever at this point.

Is Montas on a pitch count today? Website said it's a "bullpen day" so I assume we get Montas for 50 pitches then 6 innings of Carroll underwhelming the world.

Edited by Knackattack