9/23 at Detroit Tigers

flavum

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 04:18 PM)
So from reading this thread, people are somehow surprised that a guy who has never pitched more than 120 innings in a season,

Montas is fine. what is f***ing alarming is Avi Garcia. An ISO of 108 and an OPS of 677? From a horrible RF? I've defended him all season but I'm done. I'm not even sure it's worth giving him 600 PA next season.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 08:18 PM)
So from reading this thread, people are somehow surprised that a guy who has never pitched more than 120 innings in a season,

They need to hate on somebody Balta. It's Montas, or Beckham, or pick your player of the day. It's game to game and sometimes play to play.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 05:06 PM)
Montas is fine. what is f***ing alarming is Avi Garcia. An ISO of 108 and an OPS of 677? From a horrible RF? I've defended him all season but I'm done. I'm not even sure it's worth giving him 600 PA next season.

If he doesn't earn it I'm fine with cutting him off after the first half and going elsewhere even in my rebuilding plan.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 04:06 PM)

And how do the $17 million dollar man's numbers stack up?

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 04:06 PM)

Isn't he coming off major shoulder surgery? Give him one more year.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 04:17 PM)
They need to hate on somebody Balta. It's Montas, or Beckham, or pick your player of the day. It's game to game and sometimes play to play.

To be honest, Beckham should not be defended by anyone. If he is on the Sox roster next year it will show how really bad the team is!

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Sep 23, 2015 -> 01:30 PM)
So Montas has one bad inning and now you want to give up on him as a starter? It's been clear that he's a big project and an unfinished product for a while now. Still too early to make that call. This board can be so reactionary at times.

Maybe this is a knee jerk reaction because the kids can't rise above the veterans that suck.

Oops. I saw the score and figured my boy Danks is runnin out of gas this season. But it was Montas who had the ugly line. Oh well. Melky with one of his good games. As a Melky hater I'll give him credit. He's had 5-10 really good games this year. I'll tell u one thing. In year two with the Sox, Melky and LaRoche better remove markedly or our lineup will blow chunks again!