9/25 at New York Yankees

flavum

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 25, 2015 -> 08:11 PM)
Pretty sure Olt leads the world in average HR distance

Is Olt anywhere near as strong as his homers in a Sox uniform suggest? If so, now I understand why he was such an intriguing prospect, early in his career.

I'm still intrigued!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Lillian @ Sep 25, 2015 -> 08:54 PM)
Is Olt anywhere near as strong as his homers in a Sox uniform suggest? If so, now I understand why he was such an intriguing prospect, early in his career.

I'm still intrigued!!

Sure would be nice if he would develop into something.. Sox have so many holes to fill would be nice to have one less.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Sep 25, 2015 -> 08:57 PM)
Sure would be nice if he would develop into something.. Sox have so many holes to fill would be nice to have one less.

He did put up very good OBP stats, as a young Minor Leaguer. I'd take a .350 OBP with 25 + homers, and decent defense at 3RD. Is that feasible?

QUOTE (Lillian @ Sep 25, 2015 -> 09:02 PM)
He did put up very good OBP stats, as a young Minor Leaguer. I'd take a .350 OBP with 25 + homers, and decent defense at 3RD. Is that feasible?

Id say the HRs he could reach.. Id say we could hope he could get .350 OBP. He is near .300 right now.

Edited by EvilJester99

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 26, 2015 -> 03:22 AM)
Sox 15-8 in Rodon starts.

If you were given this figure in March, is there any doubt you would think the Sox were going to make the playoffs?

Probably. It remains odd that the Sox have pretty darn good starting rotation and yet suck as a team.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 25, 2015 -> 08:29 PM)
Probably. It remains odd that the Sox have pretty darn good starting rotation and yet suck as a team.

Why? Lots of blown saves. Terrible offense. Terrible defense. Terrible baserunning. Too many mental mistakes. Inconsistent execution. Lack of clear leadership and vision organizationally.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 26, 2015 -> 02:54 AM)
Why? Lots of blown saves. Terrible offense. Terrible defense. Terrible baserunning. Too many mental mistakes. Inconsistent execution. Lack of clear leadership and vision organizationally.

Good points Caulfield. Also I forgot. Whenever the Sox get to where they are playing meaningful games, oh boy, they do not show up.