White Sox official website has a possible Quintana trade chip post

Knackattack

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really, really hope we don't trade him.

Sale-Quintana-Rodon-Johnson-Danks looks so much better than Sale-Rodon-Johnson-somebody-Danks.

We have the highest starting pitching fWAR in baseball. Trading Quintana would turn a major strength into a league-average position for us.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 28, 2015 -> 03:56 PM)
I really, really hope we don't trade him.

Sale-Quintana-Rodon-Johnson-Danks looks so much better than Sale-Rodon-Johnson-somebody-Danks.

We have the highest starting pitching fWAR in baseball. Trading Quintana would turn a major strength into a league-average position for us.

Losing 2-1 is not a lot of fun.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 28, 2015 -> 09:11 PM)
We probably will trade Q because he's the only one I don't think we should trade anymore.

he is the only one that can be played into the trade game.

however i rather not trade him either, but he will bring in the biggest rtn of assets .

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Sep 28, 2015 -> 03:51 PM)
http://m.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article/152...r-for-white-sox

Think they're trying to say something here?

Not really, I think it's just a column and it's no different than if it were published anywhere else. Merkin even says it in the article: "Nothing aside from local media postulation has arisen concerning trading Quintana in the upcoming months."

I do think he's one of the more likely guys to get traded, my response above notwithstanding. I hope they don't do it, but if they do, I really hope they don't screw it up.

He really is the model of consistency, just like Cooper says. He followed up his breakout with a better season in every regard, and when they said he couldn't repeat it without a fluky-low home run rate, he did it! If you trade a guy like him with that contract, just please don't screw it up.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Sep 28, 2015 -> 09:28 PM)
Not sure if you could say that without seeing how the rotation actually shapes out.

For me, it's not as cut and dried as "Yes, I would trade Quintana" or "No, I wouldn't trade Quintana." It's "I would trade Quintana for players X, Y and Z" or "I wouldn't trade Quintana for players A and B."

i agree. esp if trading Q will give the sox a hole in the pitching rotation .... i don't think Fulmer will be able to step in right away.

2nd bold. excellent.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 28, 2015 -> 05:36 PM)
I'm worried about trading quintana. I feel like the entire league and media and world has been colluding to convince everyone this clearly top level pitcher is actually a back of the rotation starter.

That's what worries me also. Them treating Quintana like a weak starter when he's one of the most valuable trade assets in baseball.

I won't be mad if he has to go, but it needs to be a franchise-changer. It shouldn't fill "one position". But "filling one position" is what they might try to do with a "win now" deal.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 28, 2015 -> 05:33 PM)
You absolutely do not trade underrated/undervalued assetts.

Fans and media members wouldn't be making this trade so we have no idea if that's true.

I've been against trading Q and Chris but I'm willing to listen on both now. Like others have said it has to be an insane haul but I'm not just hanging up the phone if someone mentions either name anymore.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 28, 2015 -> 08:03 PM)
It should be both, to be honest.

Like, the Hamel package + Gallo is what it should have been.

Agree. It should fill 2 of --3B-C-SS-OF w major league talent + 1-2 prospects. They should trade Q or Rodon and assume Fulmer fills the slot in 17.