White Sox official website has a possible Quintana trade chip post

Knackattack

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Oct 9, 2015 -> 11:44 AM)
Bradley had a great 1/2 season in AAA and then hit 10 hrs and 43 RBI in 74 games in majors. That would project to 20 and 90 in 150 games. He is already considered an elite OF who Boston is moving to CF next year. I Think if you can get a young catcher and CF for Q and hopefully they throw in a SP prospect, you do it. Agree there is a risk but last year people said the same for Bogaerts who had lesser numbers than Bradley and then exploded this year both at bat and in the field. My gut is Swihart is an untouchable though.

Bradley reminds me of Jason Heyward honestly. Both are elite defenders with 15-20 homer power.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a chance to have something very special in the rotation as soon as next year...don't ruin it.

Beck, Micah, Danish, Avi, Hawkins...those are the 5 I would be looking to package for a bat, preferably 3B. And I think some kind of package involving at least 3 of those guys can get us a pretty good hitter. Combine that trade with 1 smart free agent signing and I think we will be in a much better position to compete with a bounce back year or 2. My suggestions in the "my offseason plan" thread was to use some form of the 5 guys I listed to trade for Todd Frazier and then make a signing like Daniel Murphy.

CF- Eaton

2b- Murphy

3b- Melky

1b- Abreu

3b- Frazier

Looks like a pretty good top 5 imo and completely feasible. Trading a guy like Q would be a last ditch effort if we aren't competing by the ASG next year. I don't think we are far enough away to do that at the moment though.

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Oct 9, 2015 -> 03:40 PM)
We have a chance to have something very special in the rotation as soon as next year...don't ruin it.

Beck, Micah, Danish, Avi, Hawkins...those are the 5 I would be looking to package for a bat, preferably 3B. And I think some kind of package involving at least 3 of those guys can get us a pretty good hitter. Combine that trade with 1 smart free agent signing and I think we will be in a much better position to compete with a bounce back year or 2. My suggestions in the "my offseason plan" thread was to use some form of the 5 guys I listed to trade for Todd Frazier and then make a signing like Daniel Murphy.

CF- Eaton

2b- Murphy

3b- Melky

1b- Abreu

3b- Frazier

Looks like a pretty good top 5 imo and completely feasible. Trading a guy like Q would be a last ditch effort if we aren't competing by the ASG next year. I don't think we are far enough away to do that at the moment though.

Selling as low as possible on Hawkins, Avi, Danish and Beck does not seem like a wise idea. I agree with you on not trading Q though. And I like Daniel Murphy potentially as well if they don't go for Zobrist, but it would be signing him to play 3rd base where he played just fine for 42 games this year.

But fundamentally Murphy and Frazier (2 years) are stopgaps here. Second base has to go to Sanchez or Micah (it goes to Sanchez). You can't build a lasting competitive team by filling in 6 or 7 positions with free agents and stopgaps unless you have a $200 million payroll. Emptying the farm for 2 years of Frazier is what you do if you're already a playoff team.

Whomever they trade Q for needs to be a success. This is a valuable trading chit. Look at what the A's gave up last year. Russel would look really good right now on the southside. Thats the type of player that needs to come across. Q has amazing value now and we need to maximize it. No aging players, no one tool guys. Something that can project to be in the lineup and making an impact for years.

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Oct 9, 2015 -> 05:40 PM)

CF- Eaton

2b- Murphy

3b- Melky

1b- Abreu

3b- Frazier

No is taking a group of middling prospects and players all coming off of down years and giving you anything other than crap for them.

QUOTE (Vance Law @ Oct 9, 2015 -> 06:48 PM)
They aren't trading Quintana.

In other news:

The Rockies aren't trading Arenado.

He had a hell of a year, but he is only a career .250-ish hitter away from Coors. I think he's not *quite* as good as his stats this year suggest. But I'd still probably make that trade if it was on the table.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Oct 9, 2015 -> 05:47 PM)
Q is being traded for an impact bat. Not a few prospects.

I disagree. Q needs to fill more than 1 hole if you trade him. Otherwise you are only opening a hole to fill one. You don't trade a potential #1 starter or even a high #2 for one impact bat. I would trade him for 2 ML ready players and a high prospect.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Oct 10, 2015 -> 07:53 AM)
I disagree. Q needs to fill more than 1 hole if you trade him. Otherwise you are only opening a hole to fill one. You don't trade a potential #1 starter or even a high #2 for one impact bat. I would trade him for 2 ML ready players and a high prospect.

or the Sox like to get NL players who can't adjust to the NL whose name isn't Adam Eaton.