Game Thread 9/29: KC @ SOX

cabiness42

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell no, at this point in the season I'm rooting for a loss. We need every advantage we can get in the overall draft standings. That means more to the success of this franchise than Shark winning a meaningless game in September. Although really they've all been meaningless since July.

Somehow the Sox took three straight at Kauffman vs. KC the last time out. Would be crazy if Sox swept 'em again. KC has no momentum rightnow for the playoffs. Team is embedded in its first real funk. Sox have cured them and other central teams before.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Sep 29, 2015 -> 08:58 PM)
Sad with the amount of Sanchez we've been seeing over the final week and a half. You already know what he is, why not run Micah out there

Maybe they want to avoid more injuries with Micah this year and giving him only a few spot starts going forward. No problem with Sanchez getting more at bats, as he's the likely starter at 2nd next year.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 29, 2015 -> 10:12 PM)
Somehow the Sox took three straight at Kauffman vs. KC the last time out. Would be crazy if Sox swept 'em again. KC has no momentum rightnow for the playoffs. Team is embedded in its first real funk. Sox have cured them and other central teams before.

That wouldn't be good from a draft/slot allowance perspective. With Rodon not pitching the rest of the way, I'm cool with the Sox losing every game the rest of the way 9-8 with Sale and Q staying healthy and Abreu/Eaton/Trayce/Sanchez/Avi hitting well.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 29, 2015 -> 04:14 PM)
That wouldn't be good from a draft/slot allowance perspective. With Rodon not pitching the rest of the way, I'm cool with the Sox losing every game the rest of the way 9-8 with Sale and Q staying healthy and Abreu/Eaton/Trayce/Sanchez/Avi hitting well.

We're 4 games behind the Marlins who have been better lately and play the Rays and Phillies this week. They'd need to win every game and Sox would have to lose every game to finish with the 7th pick. It certainly is possible but I think the Sox will finish with 8th pick.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Sep 29, 2015 -> 03:58 PM)
Sad with the amount of Sanchez we've been seeing over the final week and a half. You already know what he is, why not run Micah out there

One of many reasons RV should be fired next Monday.