Game Thread 9/29: KC @ SOX

cabiness42

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Sep 29, 2015 -> 09:59 PM)
If the Sox change the staff, maybe...if the Sox keep the same staff (and Robin tonight told the media he hopes the entire staff returns for 2016 LOL) he'll be a fourth outfielder.

Mark

Doubt it, He'll be starting in CF or RF for the sox next year. My guess is they send Avi to winter ball to show a pulse and some semblance of competence at the plate. My hope is they ship him out to Texas for the likes of Jurickson Profar.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Sep 29, 2015 -> 07:57 PM)
Guy can run, play defense and take a walk. I definitely would put him ahead of Avi. I haven't completely given up on Avi yet though. Would like to see him DH to get him out of the outfield and out of the 3-5 spots (hit him 6 or 7, hopefully a new 3B can hit in the middle of the order with Cabrera back in the 2-spot and Abreu third).

If it came to a choice between the two, I'd go with Trayce but I agree you hate to give up on Avi yet. He's still relatively young.

I kind of like this beating of the Royals. I don't know what it means but that's four in a row. Earlier this year that's an automatic loss. Moustakas would have smashed a hit off the wall with KC down 3-2 and Duke pitching in the eighth with two runners on. KC woulda just devoured us late.

Now ... we win again over those assholes. Nine under .500 is such an embarrassment though. This offseason will mean a lot for the Sox franchise. If the Cubs somehow make the World Series or become last year's Royals, the darlings of the postseason, good luck to the Sox getting any coverage at all until the cub dynasty is over.

Edited by greg775