Hahn Confirms: Ventura back for 2016

Dunt

QUOTE (Dunt @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 07:38 AM)
What a bad message to send the fanbase

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 07:47 AM)
Meh. They need better players before I worry about the manager.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 09:58 AM)
This is about the last surprising thing ever.

Yup on all of this.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 11:26 AM)
Parent being negative after poor play. Holding players accountable? Now he's not positive enough? Seriously, the giving bad advice to try to steal a job should show you where Lip's head is. It doesn't have to make any sense. If it's White Sox, and if it's negative, he's taking the bait.

The thing about Ventura being a yeller...fans don't care about a manager showing emotion on the bench. The media takes this narrative that Robin isn't emotional enough and makes it sound like that's his problem--which it's not.

This shouldn't be a tough decision after these three years. I guess with one more year (another bad decision by Sox management), he'll be gone in 2017.

Enjoy the shorter lines next year.

Edited by flavum

Another year of me not really giving a f*** about this club then. Ventura has proven, year after year, that he is a trash manager and has no business being in the big leagues.

Which just means he's PERFECT for our s***ty owner and ball club!

Sox 2020?

QUOTE (flavum @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 11:31 AM)
The thing about Ventura being a yeller...fans don't care about a manager showing emotion on the bench. The media takes this narrative that Robin isn't emotional enough and makes it sound like that's his problem--which it's not.

This shouldn't be a tough decision after these three years. I guess with one more year (another bad decision by Sox management), he'll be gone in 2017.

Enjoy the shorter lines next year.

They don't care? Why was he asked if he had a pulse? Robin's lack of appearing constantly pissed off and in players faces has been posted thousands of times on this board. That's not even mentioning talk radio, where the Ditka style is the way to coach anything. Of course if these same people were chewed out at their desks for everyone to see, they probably wouldn't call it good leadership.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 11:35 AM)
They don't care? Why was he asked if he had a pulse? Robin's lack of appearing constantly pissed off and in players faces has been posted thousands of times on this board. That's not even mentioning talk radio, where the Ditka style is the way to coach anything. Of course if these same people were chewed out at their desks for everyone to see, they probably wouldn't call it good leadership.

Just stop.

You know you're on wrong side of this one.

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 11:51 AM)
Parent was Ventura's hand-picked guy, right?

Who fired him? Ventura or KW?

If I recall, Ventura didn't have any direct ties to Parent when they were hired.

I would guess they identified a language problem on the bench and in the clubhouse, and they need to bring in a bilingual coach.

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 11:51 AM)
Parent was Ventura's hand-picked guy, right?

Who fired him? Ventura or KW?

Robin is on record for wanting all of them back. One thing to keep in mind is all the coaches except Parent are signed through next season. Parent's deal expires this year. It also does make sense they hire an Hispanic coach.

QUOTE (flavum @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 11:53 AM)
If I recall, Ventura didn't have any direct ties to Parent when they were hired.

I would guess they identified a language problem on the bench and in the clubhouse, and they need to bring in a bilingual coach.

They do have a connection. They might have had the same agent or something, but they were very familiar with each other when Parent was hired.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 11:56 AM)
They do have a connection. They might have had the same agent or something, but they were very familiar with each other when Parent was hired.

Familiar in that they're about the same age and in the baseball industry.

Man, you can nitpick anything.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 11:10 AM)
Same here. I'm more concerned with the 3B, C, SS and RF positions. RV coming back is absolutely unsurprising.

Just a thought. Red Sox announced yesterday that John Farrell will most likely return as manager as long as his doctor gives the okay. That leaves interim manager Torey Lovullo as a prime candidate for managerial openings. He was mentioned w the Cubs opening and was runner-up in Texas and Minnesota. Did a great job w Boston the last few months especially w a roster loaded w young players. Not a big name but a pretty good resume and probably comes cheap ( hear that RH)

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 12:04 PM)
You are the one who told us they had no direct ties.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-10...ouble-a-reading

I guess that's a connection, but I was more talking about being best buds and a true friend hiring, as opposed to be being a fringe friend who had minor league managing experience. That's why he was hired in the first place.

It is obvious JR does not care about winning just catering to ex Sox players with blind loyalty. RV being here a 5th year says a lot about the franchise. I do not want to hear Sox brass whine about attendance. Please sell the fans deserve so much better.

Edited by Soxfest