Hahn Confirms: Ventura back for 2016

Dunt

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 07:26 AM)
That also means he's getting an extension. Lollllll this franchise

Awful record and he doesn't get fired. Yes, what a joke!! If this is Hahn's decision then I'm losing faith in him too! If it is JR's then it means it is time for his group to sell!

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 11:14 AM)
Can't say it's unexpected with this organization. Remember loyalty is more important than accountability.

Not saying it's all Robin's fault, it's not, but he's made enough boneheaded decisions just this year (remember Eaton bunting with two strikes in Cleveland, the Detroit replay debacle and of course the Zach Duke being announced affair in Milwaukee before the pinch hitter was, to make you wonder just what he is thinking during games.

Don't know if I shared this here but last Friday I spoke with someone who knows Robin well and his coaches and was told Parent wasn't giving him good advice this year because "he wants his job." Was also told Parent is a "negative person" on the bench and with the team.

So it looks like (as many predicted back in July) at best maybe one or two coaches are changed out.

That's it.

An organization in serious trouble and that's their idea of fixing the brain-trust, not bringing in new people from outside the organization to look at the number of problems with new ideas.

So be it.

Basically they have reached the level where they "hope" to be good next year. And hey, it's baseball, it could happen....but I wouldn't bet on it.

Mark

At this time I just don't feel very positive about the Sox, as an organization.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 01:52 PM)
I love this franchise. Been a fan since I was about 8 but if Robin is back I won't be watching. He sucks and that means this team doesn't care about winning.

I'll second that. I guess I didn't think they would fire him but, I still wish they would have. The guy has no right being a major league manager!

I mean what did they think is going to happen with this news? The fans are going to be pleased and renew their season ticket packages?

I'm so f***ing irritated because I care about this team alot.

Edited by Baron

I almost think it would have been better for them to not announce this at the very end of a completely horrid underachieving season and just of waited a couple months to announce it after the anger and frustration subsided a bit. At least then a fresh season would be in sight and the fan base might have accepted this a little a better.

Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 4m4 minutes ago Chicago, IL

Hahn on message to fans: "I guess the message at the end of the day is about nobody here cares more about getting us back to win...

Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 3m3 minutes ago Chicago, IL

More Hahn: ".. a championship as quickly as possible as the people making these decisions."

https://twitter.com/scottmerkin

I'm sold.

QUOTE (shipps @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 05:52 PM)
I almost think it would have been better for them to not announce this at the very end of a completely horrid underachieving season and just of waited a couple months to announce it after the anger and frustration subsided a bit. At least then a fresh season would be in sight and the fan base might have accepted this a little a better.

They'll have to announce the extension then.

It's funny how some people posted that they are "not surprised."

I must say I'm at least a little surprised.

I have never seen in my lifetime a coach with ZERO success go into a 5th season.

That is absolutely pure incompetence.

Unbelievable.

Edited by harkness

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 04:58 PM)
They'll have to announce the extension then.

I wouldnt be surprised if that happens anyway. Heck losing apparently equals a good job here. Might as well give him more security.

QUOTE (Baron @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 06:02 PM)
I wouldnt be surprised if that happens anyway. Heck losing apparently equals a good job here. Might as well give him more security.

I've been saying to expect it all year. The last time Robin was 1 year from a contract being up was before 2014 - coming off the terrible 2013 season they extended his contract anyway because they weren't going to let him go into his final contract year unsigned. I see no reason to expect anything different.

QUOTE (Baron @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 04:53 PM)
Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 4m4 minutes ago Chicago, IL

Hahn on message to fans: "I guess the message at the end of the day is about nobody here cares more about getting us back to win...

Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 3m3 minutes ago Chicago, IL

More Hahn: ".. a championship as quickly as possible as the people making these decisions."

https://twitter.com/scottmerkin

I'm sold.

It is beyond absurd to listen to that crap after Ventura's 4th year with no results. Season ticket renewals will be at a record low.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 10:26 AM)
Parent being negative after poor play. Holding players accountable? Now he's not positive enough? Seriously, the giving bad advice to try to steal a job should show you where Lip's head is. It doesn't have to make any sense. If it's White Sox, and if it's negative, he's taking the bait.

If I told you I was taking the bait from a former Sox manager with no axe to grind who proved to be right since he told me a week ago Parent was out the door would that change things for you?

I don't make this stuff up, I don't try to stir up s***. I pass good information on from my sources in the Chicago media and in the Sox organization to the fans who still care enough about this franchise. Period.

You can take it, leave it, throw it in the garbage...doesn't impact me at all...just trying to pass along what I hear from time to time.

If the board wishes me to stop, please let the mods know, they'll tell me and I'll refrain from doing so in the future.

Fair enough? Really its that simple.

Mark

Edited by Lip Man 1

Whatever ... I hope Robin changes a bit. Obviously talent is the biggest thing for a manager. But his teams simply cannot lay down a bunt (reflects poorly on him), they do not play defense, they cannot move runners, they cannot score runners.

He does a decent enough job with pitchers (maybe Coop takes care of that).

Now maybe it's 100 percent on his players. Who knows? But Robin's teams APPEAR very undisciplined, very fundamentally unsound. He deserves a D for this season, C- at best but I'd give him a D.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 04:33 PM)
Whatever ... I hope Robin changes a bit. Obviously talent is the biggest thing for a manager. But his teams simply cannot lay down a bunt (reflects poorly on him), they do not play defense, they cannot move runners, they cannot score runners.

Now maybe it's 100 percent on his players. Who knows? But Robin's teams APPEAR very undisciplined, very fundamentally unsound. He deserves a D for this season, C- at best but I'd give him a D.

And an F for spring trainings.

Mark

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 10:33 PM)

Nicely done