Sox Fire Mark Parent

shysocks

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 02:08 PM)
So even if they add new players that you like, you won't watch because of who the manager is? I don't believe you.

What players? Short of them signing David Price and trading for Arenado or Puig, there's nothing to see here. This team is awful defensively, their lineup sucks a fat rhinosorous dick.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 02:19 PM)
What players? Short of them signing David Price and trading for Arenado or Puig, there's nothing to see here. This team is awful defensively, their lineup sucks a fat rhinosorous dick.

And that's Robins fault?

People know my stance on the Head Coach position (It's written below).

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 02:19 PM)

They have one of the 5 best pitchers in baseball. They have another pitcher that has been 8th in fWAR since 2013. They also have another TOR with 6 years of control. They have a good bullpen. They have cornerstone pieces in Abreu/Eaton. There are absolutely holes. They have pitching though and loads of it. I need to see what happens this offseason before I start writing off future seasons. That's just me though.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 02:31 PM)
They have one of the 5 best pitchers in baseball. They have another pitcher that has been 8th in fWAR since 2013. They also have another TOR with 6 years of control. They have a good bullpen. They have cornerstone pieces in Abreu/Eaton. There are absolutely holes. They have pitching though and loads of it. I need to see what happens this offseason before I start writing off future seasons. That's just me though.

Yep. The pieces are there.

I don't see how changing the manager could hurt though. Just mix it up. Robin's had his chance.

I think Parent moving on is more about convenience than a jab at his job performance. His was the only contract running out.

I also think the previous manager stuff for the bench coach is not to replace Robin, at least full time. Maybe as an interim, but it lets the White Sox select another guy with little experience if they ever do pull the trigger.

So you can get a guy and sign him to a multi year contract. You really can't sign Parent to a multi year contract if you bring him back.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 02:28 PM)
[/b]

And that's Robins fault?

People know my stance on the Head Coach position (It's written below).

No but it's still proven that he sucks. s***ty managers get fired from other teams. This team is just too loyal. Guess we have another 81 years til we run into another World Series.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 02:31 PM)

While all that is true, we still suck defensively and offensively. Let's see this team get another big bat or two. They're also just a bunch of mental midgets at times. This team has regressed ever since Robins first year defensively.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 02:10 PM)
Not trying to start a fight, just defend myself and Ozzie. So the Sox fire Parent with a weekend to go of meaningless games. I guess Hahn quit on the team by removing somebody before all games were played. Uh ... this is meaningless just like Ozzie leaving with a week to go meant NOTHING. Both teams sucked beyond belief and it mattered not. I don't know why Robin would want to stay BTW. This team is going to suck again next year. Why does he want to manage bad hitting and defensive players.

Still can't believe you are anything but a troll.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 03:30 PM)
Nothing like a scapegoat.

Must have been Parent who was overpitching Sale and who leaves Danks in game after game at least until he's pitched the Sox out of the game.

That more than likely was one Don Cooper. I just can't see Robin making those decisions.

Baseball Head Coaches are useless.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 04:56 PM)
Not sure why I didn't say manager but yeah, you know what I meant.

Sounds like crazy talk but I still believe in the whole "Any fan in the stands can manage" line Hawk dropped awhile ago.

I don't agree that managers are worthless, but I do agree their value is way over-stated by a lot of fans. The difference between a good and bad manager is a handful of wins at best.

QUOTE (Baron @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 11:48 AM)
If your going to keep a lame duck coach you might as well keep his staff. It's just a waist of time doing this crap.

What coach is going to want to come here with a lame duck manager. Except an old time loyal White Sox player. They should have just cleaned house.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 02:03 PM)
Lots of people say this. Never ends up being true.

I think Robin should go. But he won't. Fans will show up less often probably too, but no one is just turning it off entirely because they kept the manager.

The organization tries the reverse thinking former player A in a coaching spot will bring fans. If they keep this up it might achieve the result above.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 12:35 PM)
And you guys thought their wouldn't be changes. A new scoreboard AND a new bench coach? It is practically Christmas.

This really is one sad situation. Anyone have any faith left in this organization?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 2, 2015 -> 02:10 PM)
Not trying to start a fight, just defend myself and Ozzie. So the Sox fire Parent with a weekend to go of meaningless games. I guess Hahn quit on the team by removing somebody before all games were played. Uh ... this is meaningless just like Ozzie leaving with a week to go meant NOTHING. Both teams sucked beyond belief and it mattered not. I don't know why Robin would want to stay BTW. This team is going to suck again next year. Why does he want to manage bad hitting and defensive players.

Probably because this is the only managerial job he will ever have. Honestly, can you see another organization wanting him to be the manager of their team?

QUOTE (Saufley @ Oct 3, 2015 -> 12:06 AM)
Probably because this is the only managerial job he will ever have. Honestly, can you see another organization wanting him to be the manager of their team?

but it was said many times he never wanted to be a team manager.