Mark Buehrle to retire?

Jose Abreu

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Oct 9, 2015 -> 11:17 AM)
Agreed. He'll have the entire offseason now to rest and heal. I'd be very surprised if he wasn't pitching somewhere next year, unless he just doesn't want to do it anymore. Surely some team would want him.

Buehrle has said repeatedly he didn't see himself pitching forever.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (AlSoxfan @ Oct 15, 2015 -> 06:59 PM)
MARK BUEHRLE DENIES RETIREMENT TALK

The veteran pitcher, who was left off the Blue Jays' active roster for the playoffs thus far, said he hasn't made a decision to call it quits at age 36, despite reports to the contrary at the end of the regular season.

I still think he wants to end his career in St. Louis or Chicago

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Oct 15, 2015 -> 07:43 PM)
I still think he wants to end his career in St. Louis or Chicago

If we pulled off a Quintana for a 3B and/or C plus many other parts type of deal, I would LOVE to get Mark back on a one or two year deal. Those two moves alone could change the fortunes of the franchise in a hurry.

QUOTE (AlSoxfan @ Oct 16, 2015 -> 12:59 AM)
MARK BUEHRLE DENIES RETIREMENT TALK

The veteran pitcher, who was left off the Blue Jays' active roster for the playoffs thus far, said he hasn't made a decision to call it quits at age 36, despite reports to the contrary at the end of the regular season.

Those reports at the end of the season were very appalling. I know the media sucks but those "sources" that said he was finished obviously made it up. Or the guy who broke the story made it up and everybody else pretended their UNNAMED sources backed it up. Very lazy reporting. He must have a tired arm or something. I cant see why Toronto wouldn't want a veteran WS winner on the postseason roster. Very weird. He had a pretty fine season BTW.

Mark must have confessed he's toast for this October. Why have the lazy media not done a story on Mark's take on this stuff??

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 16, 2015 -> 07:57 AM)
I don't think there's a choice there. It's Danks and Buehrle or just Danks.

If MB came at the right price, I'd rather swallow the Danks money and let him go or make him the long man in the pen. Unlikely to be a realistic possibility, but any way to got Danks out of the rotation is good with me.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 16, 2015 -> 08:03 AM)
If MB came at the right price, I'd rather swallow the Danks money and let him go or make him the long man in the pen. Unlikely to be a realistic possibility, but any way to got Danks out of the rotation is good with me.

I don't think they would have to eat all of Danks money... If they threw in some cash with him, there are teams that would be interested.

Buehrle, on the other hand would be a good draw and would be good for the clubhouse. Plus he is still a good pitcher.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 14, 2015 -> 05:23 PM)
In what could be (if Texas comes back) his last moment as a big leaguer, Mark Buehrle was ejected in today's Toronto/Texas game for doing nothing.

I don't remember ever seeing MB ejected. I'm sure he has at sometime in his career but I think he might of wanted to be ejected.

August 1, 2005 - Pitcher Mark Buehrle’s streak of 49 straight starts with six or more innings ends when he is thrown out of a game in Baltimore by umpire Brian Gorman.

Sox TV announcer Ken “Hawk” Harrelson became extremely upset in the TV booth “you’ve GOT to be kidding me!” Buehrle gets tossed without warning for hitting B.J. Surhoff after White Sox hitters are struck earlier in the game. The Sox would get the last laugh however winning the game and sweeping the four game series.

Mark

I was just reading an article on Mark that said he definitely could pitch right now if he was on the active roster. Toronto deserves to LOSE for not putting him on the postseason roster. I mean LaTroy Hawkins?? I'm sure the Royals are VERY HAPPY Buehrle is ineligible to pitch. He's a Royals killer like Danks. Can't you just picture Mark taking the mound and mowing down the KC lineup?

Now that he's available at a low price, Sox definitely should sign him. However we already have way too many lefties and Danks has no trade value so I guess acquiring Mark would be dumb. If we knew Mark could again win 14 games and pitch 199 innings effectively like this year then we could afford to trade Q in a blockbuster since we have some young starting pitching ready to produce.

Anyhow ... f*** Toronto for not letting Mark pitch against a team he OWNS. Weird.

• 2 weeks later...