10/4 vs Detroit Tigers

flavum

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Oct 4, 2015 -> 04:08 PM)
With a top 10 first round pick and a comp pick for Shark this is a good year to go after a Heyward type player.

No it isn't.

you do that when you are ready to win.

This is a good year to have 2 nice draft choices, for a team that desperately needs them.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Oct 4, 2015 -> 02:16 PM)
No it isn't.

This is a good year to have 2 nice draft choices, for a team that desperately needs them.

These are picks that are 2-4 years away. If we are banking on that timeline it's time to trade Sale, Q and Abreu and load up for 2018.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Oct 4, 2015 -> 04:13 PM)
I hope Webb's last game with the Sox is today he has been just dreadful.

He's been awful, but he can be really good if somehow he could get some control. You are not going to get anything for him, but I don't mind him as a Charlotte Knight who may be able to figure something out. It probably won't happen.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 4, 2015 -> 04:20 PM)
He's been awful, but he can be really good if somehow he could get some control. You are not going to get anything for him, but I don't mind him as a Charlotte Knight who may be able to figure something out. It probably won't happen.

AAA is fine he does not need to be in the pen in 2016.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Oct 4, 2015 -> 04:16 PM)
No it isn't.

If you get a top 10 pick and Jeff says no to the QO, then Sox would still have 2 nice draft choices along with a chance of signing Heyward. That's an easy decision for me, you go and sign him.

Adrian Beltre RBI, 5-2. They're not blowing another one today.

If the Rangers win, and the Astros come back to win, the Astros will host the Yankees on Tuesday, Yankees losing big today.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Oct 4, 2015 -> 02:22 PM)
If you get a top 10 pick and Jeff says no to the QO, then Sox would still have 2 nice draft choices along with a chance of signing Heyward. That's an easy decision for me, you go and sign him.

Yep. Sign Heyward to 8 years/160, backload the contract a bit and give him an opt out after 4 years. More than likely you can end up with Heyward for 4/75 and he will walk at age 30 for his final deal.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Oct 4, 2015 -> 09:26 PM)
Yep. Sign Heyward to 8 years/160, backload the contract a bit and give him an opt out after 4 years. More than likely you can end up with Heyward for 4/75 and he will walk at age 30 for his final deal.

He's getting way more than that

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Oct 4, 2015 -> 09:29 PM)
You think he is gonna get more than 20m a year with Cespedes and Upton on the market?

Absolutely, and there are also rumors he's going to take a shorter deal so he's a FA again when he's 30

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 4, 2015 -> 04:30 PM)
Absolutely, and there are also rumors he's going to take a shorter deal so he's a FA again when he's 30

If that's true, the Sox should absolutely go after him.