2015 Wild Card Games

flavum

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colby Rasmus turned out to be a good investment for the Astros. I seem to remember a a lot of Soxtalkers didn't want him every time I brought him up last off season. He production this year was about what many thought LaRoche should have done. Take young over old and AL experience over NL and less years and less AAV next time Sox. The difference between the 2 was LaRoche's OBP was way higher and he is a good Christian man as opposed to Rasmus' rep as a problem child and low OBP in 2014

Rasmus put up a 2.8 WAR vs, LaRoche's -1.4 a difference of 4.2 WAR in 2015.

Glad the Yankees lost. And let's go Pirates!

And here in Western NY, as far as casuals go it's like 75% Yankees, 22% Mets, 2% Blue Jays (closest geographically) and 1% crapshoot. Of that crapshoot, I've met a few Cubs fans through work over the past 10 years. They don't watch the games but are quick to get on me for wearing White Sox gear (while owning no Cubs gear). In this instance the two particular dues I'm thinking of also happened to be Cowboys fans. AKA "America's Teams" homers IMO. I get why people around me have abandoned the Bills over the years in pursuit of following a winner, but "Cubs" fans who don't even watch the Cubs are obnoxious as s*** even here in NY. I was following Cubs/Pirates on my phone at the end of a shift a month or so ago, dude across cubicle is generic "Cubs fan" and they had scored to go ahead and he started clapping. "You watching the Cubs game?" "No, x player just scored for my baseball team on Fanduel"

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 10:33 PM)
Colby Rasmus turned out to be a good investment for the Astros. I seem to remember a a lot of Soxtalkers didn't want him every time I brought him up last off season. He production this year was about what many thought LaRoche should have done. Take young over old and AL experience over NL and less years and less AAV next time Sox. The difference between the 2 was LaRoche's OBP was way higher and he is a good Christian man as opposed to Rasmus' rep as a problem child and low OBP in 2014

Yep, he was one of the main players a few of us were targeting for OF on the assumption they wouldn't overspend on Cabrera or Yasmany Tomas.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 11:33 PM)

IIRC, no one wanted him on the ridiculous long term deals that were being talked about (something like 6/100 at one point).

This explains the Rasmus situation well:

With so many primed to arrive this season, they started adding from the outside, including the 29-year-old Rasmus. For years, he was the ultimate tease, a hyper-talented left-handed-hitting center fielder who simply couldn't cobble together a season commensurate to his ability. A bad reputation chased him. He was scorned in the St. Louis Cardinals' clubhouse and not much more popular in Toronto. This season, Rasmus resolved to be different.

"At the end of it," he said, "I don't want them to say Colby Rasmus was a piece of crap because he had all of this time and just wanted to be a douche. I just try to love on everybody."

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 09:05 AM)
IIRC, no one wanted him on the ridiculous long term deals that were being talked about (something like 6/100 at one point).

I don't think Rasmus was ever near that range, he was being pegged for more like 3/30. Turns out he was an even bigger bargain (or maybe the Astros would rather have him for 3 years, who knows with him).

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 09:30 AM)
Madden is benching Bryant Tonight. Going all offense. Does not care about defense. So i heard on the radio this morning.

I'll believe it when I see it, how does benching Bryant help you on offense?

Maddon...

Benching Bryant would be about as idiotic as...well, it's just not going to happen.

Even if he was 0 for his career against Cole.

The question has to be more who you play in LF, Schwarber or ???

That must have been the conversation, if you want to be stuck with his poor defense out there in order to get the offensive upside.

Edited by caulfield12