Cubs-Cards NLDS

LittleHurt05

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Oct 12, 2015 -> 10:15 PM)
The excessive inning increase and number of hard sliders screams TJ in the near future.

Arrieta has also redeveloped his pitching style to throw entirely across his body. If he was a college pitcher we'd be hearing people scream injury risk.

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Oct 13, 2015 -> 08:56 AM)
I heard it all this morning from cubs fans at work. Not worried if they win this series because they never thought they would be there, next year will be a cake walk, and lackey will be in a cub uniform in 2016. I don't get these people at all.

I mean... okay. That'll show you?

A healthy Carlos Martinez would have been a big difference maker in this series, the Cardinals just look beat up. Still a bit surprised that so many are calling this series over already, Hammel has been complete trash for months, and he's been very prone to giving up the long ball. Would not be surprised to see the Cardinals score a bunch today.

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Oct 13, 2015 -> 08:56 AM)
I heard it all this morning from cubs fans at work. Not worried if they win this series because they never thought they would be there, next year will be a cake walk, and lackey will be in a cub uniform in 2016. I don't get these people at all.

Why Lackey, though? I'm pretty sure it will be David Price in a Cubs uniform.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Oct 13, 2015 -> 09:24 AM)
Why Lackey, though? I'm pretty sure it will be David Price in a Cubs uniform.

If the Dodgers lose tonight I wouldn't be surprised to see them throw everything and the kitchen sink at Price, they really lack SP depth for a team with such a large payroll.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Oct 13, 2015 -> 09:26 AM)
If the Dodgers lose tonight I wouldn't be surprised to see them throw everything and the kitchen sink at Price, they really lack SP depth for a team with such a large payroll.

I know they'll be in it, but I feel like the Cubs will still get him.

QUOTE (bjm676 @ Oct 13, 2015 -> 11:04 AM)
I'm trying to decide who is a better matchup for the Cubs, if they get to NLCS.

Mets have the pitching. Dodgers have the pitching, too, obviously.

Mets seem to have better offense, though.

Probably the Dodgers at this point, their pitching beyond Kershaw and Greinke is sorely lacking and if they make it to the NLCS neither of those two will be able to pitch Game 1. I know the Cubs went 7-0 against the Mets but both teams are a lot different from the last time they played. Only thing is you have to wonder how the young arms and Harvey are going to hold up the deeper the Mets go.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Oct 13, 2015 -> 11:03 AM)
Arrieta is going to get paid this year and it will be an unexpectedly big hit to them. His agent is Boras and his free agency is still a few years off.

If Arrieta ends up getting a huge number through arbitration that could affect their bid for Price. Funny how this board is the only place I've read that just 100% assumes Price is going to the Cubs, everywhere else I've read thinks he could still go several places, even end up staying in Toronto. I know there's a Maddon connection, but I still think he goes to the highest bidder.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Oct 13, 2015 -> 11:12 AM)
If Arrieta ends up getting a huge number through arbitration that could affect their bid for Price. Funny how this board is the only place I've read that just 100% assumes Price is going to the Cubs, everywhere else I've read thinks he could still go several places, even end up staying in Toronto. I know there's a Maddon connection, but I still think he goes to the highest bidder.

Good points and would like to add that the Dodgers have shown they are willing to spend huge on their payroll. Another factor from Price's perspective could be the ballparks. Pitching in Dodger stadium sounds better than pitching in Wrigley.