42 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Cubs
    • Better club

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Oct 14, 2015 -> 09:14 AM)
I keep telling myself over and over, "Good pitching beats good hitting," especially in October. Overall, both the Mets and LA have better, deeper rotations, so there's that.

Past Greinke the Dodgers rotation is very suspect, and their hitting has been non-existent the last few months.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Oct 14, 2015 -> 09:18 AM)
Past Greinke the Dodgers rotation is very suspect, and their hitting has been non-existent the last few months.

All under the assumption LA wins:

There should be no other choice than optimizing Kershaw and Greinke. If I'm losing a series it's going to be off of those two.

Game 1: Kershaw - Three days rest

Game 2: Greinke - Three days rest

Game 3: Wood/Anderson

Game 4: Kershaw - Three days rest

Game 5: Greinke - Three days rest

Game 6: Wood/Anderson

Game 7: Kershaw - Three days rest

I'd personally rather throw out this schedule, relying on three days rest for the entire series, then a schedule such as:

Game 1: Wood/Anderson

Game 2: Kershaw - Four days rest

Game 3: Greinke - Five days rest

Game 4: Wood/Anderson

Game 5: Kershaw - Three days rest

Game 6: Greinke - Three days rest

Game 7: Wood/Anderson

Three potential starts of a non Kershaw/Greinke combo, including a possible Game 7, is terrible. All the more incentive for LA to give the Cubs their aces, end the series as quick as possible, then rest for the world series. Lose with your best. Worry about their arms falling off later :D

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Oct 14, 2015 -> 12:57 PM)

There should be no other choice than optimizing Kershaw and Greinke. If I'm losing a series it's going to be off of those two.

I'd personally rather throw out this schedule, relying on three days rest for the entire series, then a schedule such as:

Three potential starts of a non Kershaw/Greinke combo, including a possible Game 7, is terrible. All the more incentive for LA to give the Cubs their aces, end the series as quick as possible, then rest for the world series. Lose with your best. Worry about their arms falling off later :D

Greinke is scheduled to go in game 7 tomorrow. That would only be two days rest, and while I agree LA should ride its aces, that might be asking too much. ;)

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Oct 14, 2015 -> 12:57 PM)

They're not going with Kershaw on 3 days rest again...

Ideally, you don't want Wood or Anderson to start, but they should probably throw Wood out there and see how it goes. I'd rather them win the 4 games Greinke/Kershaw start than have both pitchers go out there tired and not be as effective.

QUOTE (shipps @ Oct 14, 2015 -> 01:20 PM)
I would rather have Kershaw full steam ahead for 2 starts in the series than have him tired and laboring for three games.

Agreed, he just went on three days rest yesterday, asking him to do it three times in the NLCS would be just asking for trouble.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Oct 14, 2015 -> 01:03 PM)
Greinke is scheduled to go in game 7 tomorrow. That would only be two days rest, and while I agree LA should ride its aces, that might be asking too much. ;)

Damn I thought while typing that today was their Game 5. :bang

If you switched the scrub pitchers with the projected Greinke starts it could still work. I'd honestly rather have Greinke and Kershaw on limited rest, and taking a chance with ineffectiveness, then having just one extra start with Anderson again.

QUOTE (shipps @ Oct 14, 2015 -> 11:20 AM)
I would rather have Kershaw full steam ahead for 2 starts in the series than have him tired and laboring for three games.

Not to mention your goal is to win the series. How the hell are you going to do that when your pitchers have been ran into the ground just to get their. If I'm the Dodgers, I'm starting Kershaw and Greinke in 2 & 3 and 6 & 7 on normal rest (and extended rest in case of Greinke). Maybe I throw one of them as a reliever in between (on the day they were set to throw). I'm not pushing them to get out their in game 1.

Either way, first you got to win game 5. Greinke vs. DeGrom should be a good matchup.