Cubs-Mets (Better Team) NLCS

Panerista

Who wins  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Cubs
    • Better club

QUOTE (scs787 @ Oct 22, 2015 -> 03:07 PM)
I need ammo.

Someone posted a picture calling the Cell ghetto. I replied to it with a comment stating "Fun fact, Wrigleyville has a higher crime rate than the area surrounding the Cell."

A guy replied wanting proof. I got that info from some posters here but surely I can't just say "[insert posters name] said it on soxtalk". So where can I find said information?

Last 30 days, see Bridgeport vs Lakeview - http://crime.chicagotribune.com/chicago/community

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Oct 22, 2015 -> 03:19 PM)

QUOTE (shysocks @ Oct 22, 2015 -> 03:24 PM)
Last 30 days, see Bridgeport vs Lakeview - http://crime.chicagotribune.com/chicago/community

Thanks fellas! He responded with a "That's just the last 30 days" I hit him back with a "Well, don't Sox fans catch heat for talking about the past?".

QUOTE (scs787 @ Oct 22, 2015 -> 04:31 PM)
Thanks fellas! He responded with a "That's just the last 30 days" I hit him back with a "Well, don't Sox fans catch heat for talking about the past?".

The links I provided show data from longer than 30 days ago, and Lakeview is still worse.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Oct 22, 2015 -> 04:31 PM)

You can search back to 2000 I believe, the crime rate is much higher, especially violent crimes. PLus your friend probably couldnt afford a house in bridgeport.

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Oct 22, 2015 -> 05:52 PM)
No baseball tonight. I was having fun calling Colon a fat ass and yelling at the tv when cub fans would either boo or clap at anything. Guess i will hit the gym.

If there was ever a better night to bust out a DVD of Game 1 of the 2005 World Series...

In the end, the White Sox will be afraid to trade Sale due to a potential fan revolt at the return (see David Priceto TB with 1 1/2 years remaining) so that will never happen under Hahn or Williams.

A new GM, maybe?

I will bet a house that he isn't dealt, and certainly not to the Cubs.

The White Sox will make the "safer," more conservative play of trading Quintana and the fans will still be expecting a lot more than they ultimately receive.

The White Sox under KW almost never have traded either a starter or position player at peak value. Relievers like Reed and Santos, yes, but the return on Reed was laughable. Hector Santiago was barely a fifth starter to many, so it's difficult to call him a core member of the starting staff in retrospect just because he's done pretty well in LA.

So trading Eaton or Abreu are equally unlikely. KW just doesn't roll that way.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 22, 2015 -> 01:47 PM)
J4L must be in mourning right now.

Please. I've just been sitting back enjoying baseball. Unlike the rest of you, my baseball life (and in some of you guys' cases personal lives) doesn't revolve around whether the Cubs win or lose. As far as the nlcs goes, Cubs got bent over pretty good. I said a couple months back that this current Mets rotation is the best I've ever seen. And they get Wheeler back next year. As for the Cubs, they've got more young talent up and down their organization than any team in baseball. You have to be an utter fool to think this is the last we've heard of them.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 22, 2015 -> 06:54 PM)
Please. I've just been sitting back enjoying baseball. Unlike the rest of you, my baseball life (and in some of you guys' cases personal lives) doesn't revolve around whether the Cubs win or lose. As far as the nlcs goes, Cubs got bent over pretty good. I said a couple months back that this current Mets rotation is the best I've ever seen. And they get Wheeler back next year. As for the Cubs, they've got more young talent up and down their organization than any team in baseball. You have to be an utter fool to think this is the last we've heard of them.

The Mets rotation is the best you have ever seen yet you expected the Cubbies to roll right over them. in 5 games was it?

This guy seems salty : https://thenohustleblog.wordpress.com/2015/...white-sox-fans/

If you’re wondering, why the hell am I not writing a post about how well the Cubs did this season rather than calling out White Sox fans, don’t you worry. I wrote one weeks ago. Truth be told, the 2015 season for the Chicago Cubs was my favorite season as a fan ever. Better than 2003, 2007 or 2008 – this team was magical and the run they went on shocked me into a euphoric state of pride. Outside of the heralded Crosstown Classic, I barely noticed the Chicago White Sox or cared what they were doing. It wasn’t until the playoffs began before I noticed the South Siders – and it had nothing to do with their team, but rather, their insufferable fans.

The inescapable gloating and desperation exhibited by Sox fans during the month of October was quite possibly the saddest thing I have witnessed from an overall fanbase in sports. So, here you are, Sox fans, here is your attention you vehemently demanded as your forgotten team was lost in the abyss of the offseason long before meaningful games took place.

Make no mistake, I know my words mean nothing to you and the majority of South Side fans who read this or see it slide across their timeline will simply think, “Hah, you mad, bro?” and move on. I wouldn’t say angry, on the contrary, I am genuinely embarrassed for you. Obviously not all Sox fans are Cub-bashing try-hards, but unfortunately, it seemed like the majority were obsessed with the idea of the Cubs losing.

The most hilarious part? Most of the fans who I saw predominately spouting off were also the ones who would think of Disney over baseball if they heard the name Minnie Minoso. The casual fans who come out of the woodwork to do nothing more than troll Cubs fans are the worst type of people – all season long they don’t post a single update or tweet about baseball (let alone actually, you know, cheering on their so-called “team”) but any time the Cubs come up, it’s time to do some bashing!

QUOTE (whtsoxfan @ Oct 22, 2015 -> 07:28 PM)
This guy seems salty : https://thenohustleblog.wordpress.com/2015/...white-sox-fans/

If you’re wondering, why the hell am I not writing a post about how well the Cubs did this season rather than calling out White Sox fans, don’t you worry. I wrote one weeks ago. Truth be told, the 2015 season for the Chicago Cubs was my favorite season as a fan ever. Better than 2003, 2007 or 2008 – this team was magical and the run they went on shocked me into a euphoric state of pride. Outside of the heralded Crosstown Classic, I barely noticed the Chicago White Sox or cared what they were doing. It wasn’t until the playoffs began before I noticed the South Siders – and it had nothing to do with their team, but rather, their insufferable fans.

The inescapable gloating and desperation exhibited by Sox fans during the month of October was quite possibly the saddest thing I have witnessed from an overall fanbase in sports. So, here you are, Sox fans, here is your attention you vehemently demanded as your forgotten team was lost in the abyss of the offseason long before meaningful games took place.

Make no mistake, I know my words mean nothing to you and the majority of South Side fans who read this or see it slide across their timeline will simply think, “Hah, you mad, bro?” and move on. I wouldn’t say angry, on the contrary, I am genuinely embarrassed for you. Obviously not all Sox fans are Cub-bashing try-hards, but unfortunately, it seemed like the majority were obsessed with the idea of the Cubs losing.

The most hilarious part? Most of the fans who I saw predominately spouting off were also the ones who would think of Disney over baseball if they heard the name Minnie Minoso. The casual fans who come out of the woodwork to do nothing more than troll Cubs fans are the worst type of people – all season long they don’t post a single update or tweet about baseball (let alone actually, you know, cheering on their so-called “team”) but any time the Cubs come up, it’s time to do some bashing!

You have to love the attendance card. He cries about Cubs bashing, but then Sox bashes. I guess that is OK.

At least there wasn't the usual bromide about getting car-jacked or jumped in the "war zone"-ish South Side.

The funniest part of this whole thing is that there are pretty good number of posters at SoxTalk who know the Cubs better in and out (both majors and minors) compared to the 80% of fans who kind of just discovered the Cubs and jumped on the bandwagon over the last 3 months or so when it became apparent they had a good shot at the playoffs again.

So in their best season in a decade plus, Cub fans are worried about what Sox fans are saying. Boy that is insecurity for you. When the Sox won, I could have cared less what Cubs fans thought.

Aspiring sports journalist that works at Babies R' Us. No LinkedIn page either. No official website, only a WordPress blog.

His career aspirations shouldn't be too high.

The author left this gem in comments

99.9999% of my desire to see the Cubs win the World Series stems from a die-hard fandom I’ve had since birth. I want to see a team come into Wrigley Field and become sport legends — I truly believe the Cubs winning the World Series will be the single greatest moment in the history of athletics.

The history of athletics. Not the Oakland Athletics, like athletics in general. The greatest moment ever.

This is why I root against the Cubs. This is it right here, I'm not jealous or bitter, it's just that quote is repeated unironically by Cubs fans on a daily basis.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Oct 22, 2015 -> 09:22 PM)
I don't think they'll have a great as season next year even if they add a FA or two.

They'd be relying on Arrieta to have another season like this. I do think he'll have a good year next year, but what he did this season was just insane.