Cubs-Mets (Better Team) NLCS

Panerista

Who wins  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Cubs
    • Better club

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Oct 15, 2015 -> 12:03 PM)
He is Mr. Cubbie Chubby post after post after post.

I'm assuming you just cloud your judgement with blind fanaticism.

I suggest you get over the Cubs. There is no comp to a team that gets the the LCS with an average player age of under 25 years old. The George Bret Royals, the Big Red machine of the 1970s come close, but they were significantly older on average. The Cubs are going to be good for a long time. For your own mental and emotional faculties, I suggest you get over it real quick.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Oct 15, 2015 -> 01:01 PM)

I suggest you get over the Cubs. There is no comp to a team that gets the the LCS with an average player age of under 25 years old. The George Bret Royals, the Big Red machine of the 1970s come close, but they were significantly older on average. The Cubs are going to be good for a long time. For your own mental and emotional faculties, I suggest you get over it real quick.

Average age of the Cubs: 28.3, they are actually the 11th oldest team in the MLB this year. If the Mets win tonight they'll be younger, with an average age of 27.9. The Sox are actually the 9th youngest team in the MLB, at 27.7.

Edited by OmarComing25

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Oct 15, 2015 -> 01:25 PM)
Average age of the Cubs: 28.3, they are actually the 11th oldest team in the MLB this year. If the Mets win tonight they'll be younger, with an average age of 27.9. The Sox are actually the 9th youngest team in the MLB, at 27.7.

Correct, I was referring to starters.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 15, 2015 -> 01:54 PM)
Lester vs. Anderson/Wood/Syndergaard - game 1

Arrieta vs. Kershaw/Harvey - game 2

I would really prefer the Mets to win today. 3 very reliable starters and a pretty good one in Matz.

The Cubs are very young on the position player side, but with pitching they'll be mostly relying on guys on the wrong side of 30.

http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/2015-star...dl-projections/

According to this article there's about a 40% chance that any random pitcher will get injured in a given year, and the percentage is higher for older pitchers.

After 2003 the Cubs had a young core of Prior/Wood/Zambrano/Dempster/Ramirez/Lee/Barrett/Patterson. It's a good bet that the Cubs will be pretty good for a while but to just automatically assume it could wind up with you losing your house like greg (sorry greg, but that's easily my favorite recurring theme on this board :D ). Guys get injured, young players regress, things don't go as expected. Schwarber could end up another Josh Fields. Lester/Arrieta could blow out their shoulders. There's a reason baseball is the hardest sport to predict.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 15, 2015 -> 07:38 PM)
Arietta not starting game one even though it would be his regular rest. Makes you think he might be having some shoulder or elbow issues.

It's the same deal with Price though. Not sure it means anything.

EDIT: Just realized Price pitched on Monday, not Sunday. So it wouldn't be his regular rest.

But it wouldn't be surprising if Arrieta needs a little extra rest, considering he's already pitched 70+ more innings than he ever has before in a season (I'm including his minor league innings last year).

Edited by OmarComing25

That is your opinion. One good year does not mean jack for next year anything can happen.