42 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Cubs
    • Better club

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Oct 23, 2015 -> 02:53 PM)
https://np.reddit.com/r/baseball/comments/3...derstand_xpost/

Another cringeworthy post. The Cubs don't have the monopoly on heartbreak, especially when it's not like Chicago has exactly been starved of sports championships in the recent past.

That post was bad. I mean do his older relatives like basketball at all, football or hockey? Chances are the family got to bask in some joy during the Bulls dynasty and the Bears winning it. Most Cub fans are Bears fans. True, baseball is huge and emotion comes out, but Chicago has had its share of winning and parades. Now yeah you want your granddad Cub fan to enjoy winning it all but that story was too maudlin. It's ridiculous to mourn the end of this season if you are a Cub fan cause the Mets simply kicked their ass. It was embarassing almost.

Edited by greg775

I'm unapologetic about my Cubs hate. I grew up among Cubs fans, all of them except my brother and another friend were Cubs fans, and this was in the SE side of Chicago, what was supossed to be Sox territory.

They actively rooted against the White Sox in 2005 and were miserable when the Sox won. I keep in touch with my childhood friends on FB and let me tell you, after the Mets destroyed the Cubs, I've mercilessly rubbed it in.

On paper, the Cubs look good but that is in no way a guarantee they'll ever win it all, baseball is just so unpredictable, that's part of the fun about the game. No one thought the Giants would win 3 WS in 5 years and who thought the Mets would make the WS this year?

Here's hoping the Cubs never win a WS, screw them.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Oct 23, 2015 -> 12:47 PM)
With the context that most pitchers throw harder in the playoffs, it might be.

Weather in NYC was pretty bad. Harvey's velocity was down a bit as well if I remember correctly.

Other than Arrieta, wouldn't read too much into it.

With Lester, he's going to be more and more erratic as his career wanes.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 23, 2015 -> 01:19 PM)
I don't know. I hate the Cubs, but the only Cubs fans I would annoy with my Cubs hate here are J4L and AustinIllini. I bet most of these blogs crying about White Sox fans weren't written from personal experience. Most of my friends are Cubs fans, and we have a little back and forth, but it's all in good fun. Even my sister for some reason likes the Cubs. She doesn't mind getting a little crap when they lose. She dishes it out as well. They wouldn't dream of crying about it on a blog.

I am glad they are bothered. I do know blogging about it won't make it better.

I bet if you went to the message board at Cubs.com when the Cubs beat the Sox there was some crap. Face it, you can buy a Sox Suck t shirt at just about every stand outside of Wrigley. Or a tshirt with SUX instead of SOX. It is an endless cycle, but in the end, it's a game, and when your team wins it all, it's awesome, but not exactly life changing.

Can you even fathom how excited J4L and AustinIllini would have been if the Cubs just pounded the Mets in 4 games?

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Oct 23, 2015 -> 06:14 PM)
Can you even fathom how excited J4L and AustinIllini would have been if the Cubs just pounded the Mets in 4 games?

I can fathom how depressed Fathom would have been.

He was still worried about jinxing the Mets when the Mets were up two games to nothing and Game 3 was still in doubt.