Domonic Brown?

JolietThunder

I'll say this much about Dominic; his one very good season (2013) directly coincided with Wally Joyner being the Phillies assistant hitting coach, and Wally worked extensively with him throughout that year. When Wally left the Phillies at the end of 2013, so did Dominic's production.

QUOTE (Hamhock @ Oct 20, 2015 -> 09:26 AM)
I'll say this much about Dominic; his one very good season (2013) directly coincided with Wally Joyner being the Phillies assistant hitting coach, and Wally worked extensively with him throughout that year. When Wally left the Phillies at the end of 2013, so did Dominic's production.

That correlation won't hold up in court, my friend.

I think having a healthy Avisail Garcia with some learning experience time will work out for the Sox. He has a ton of talent and I think he is willing to do what is necessary to improve as a player. Why throw him out to pick up a castoff? Plus I think Trayce Thompson may very well be in contention as the 4th OF'er or a starter, if the team moves around, or changes, the DH role

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Oct 20, 2015 -> 11:24 AM)
I think having a healthy Avisail Garcia with some learning experience time will work out for the Sox. He has a ton of talent and I think he is willing to do what is necessary to improve as a player. Why throw him out to pick up a castoff? Plus I think Trayce Thompson may very well be in contention as the 4th OF'er or a starter, if the team moves around, or changes, the DH role

Because Avisail is starting to look like a castoff himself

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 20, 2015 -> 12:08 PM)
Anyone know if Avi has any options left? He might need the Erik Johnson rehab program.

Pretty sure he has options. He doesn't show up on this list of out-of-options guys from the start of 2015, and he didn't spend any time in Charlotte last year, so.