**2015 World Series - Mets vs Royals**

flavum

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Oct 31, 2015 -> 12:22 AM)
The cast of Fox' Pre and Post has an interesting makeup. A Hall of Famer who hasn't been particularly timid opining on PEDs in baseball , and two would-be Hall of Famers; one a degenerate gambler who gambled on the team he was managing , the other a compulsive liar who rode his way to the top of several prestigious MLB records via PEDs.

Unfortunately they all overshadow how smart and informative CJ Nitkowski is.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may sound insensitive, but until Alex Rios plays on a world championship team I might be willing to say I don't think he's capable of that.

That throw tonight was laughable. He has been reasonably OK at the plate in the postseason and definitely has not stood out like some total weak link or anything. But like I said ... can Alex Rios play on a WS title team or is his destiny to not have a title cause of his perceived lack of focus/energy?? We shall see.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 31, 2015 -> 12:05 AM)
This may sound insensitive, but until Alex Rios plays on a world championship team I might be willing to say I don't think he's capable of that.

That throw tonight was laughable. He has been reasonably OK at the plate in the postseason and definitely has not stood out like some total weak link or anything. But like I said ... can Alex Rios play on a WS title team or is his destiny to not have a title cause of his perceived lack of focus/energy?? We shall see.

If the Royals lose at this point, starting pitching 10x >>> Alex Rios' individual contributions.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Oct 31, 2015 -> 06:57 AM)

To keep it up, the Mets need to win by four tonight, then lose Game 5 by two runs and go back to KC down 3-2 in the series.

But Greg last night proclaimed it was guaranteed to go the full seven, so that by itself jinxed the Mets surely.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 30, 2015 -> 07:21 AM)
The thing is, the sole purpose for the trade was to have him in the playoffs to win the WS. His bad performance in the regular season is irrelevant, the division was won anyway. We know what happened in Toronto, but vs. Houston they won his first start, then he dominated in a winner take all game 5. Then after a 14 inning marathon, he came out with a CG gem. I still think he won't be remembered that "fondly" in KC but he will be remembered as a vital piece to winning the title. It may have been a Toronto-Houston ALCS without him.

I agree.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 30, 2015 -> 08:10 AM)
No it doesn't. Flags fly forever.

Truth.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 30, 2015 -> 09:33 AM)
For a team like the Royals though, I don't care if Finnegan and Lamb win 5 Cy Youngs, they would make the trade everytime if they win the WS this year.

Yup.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 30, 2015 -> 10:05 AM)
And probably the Shields/Davis for Myers/Odorizzi deal still goes down as the most important move of Moore's tenure.

How about the Greinke for Cain, Escobar, and Odorizzi? Then putting Odorizzi in that deal for Shields and Davis.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 30, 2015 -> 01:21 PM)
If the Royals win it the Cueto trade was a runaway success for KC no matter how good those other players get. Like somebody said, flags fly forever and Cueto did just what Moore wanted him to do. Win two huge games (so far) in the postseason.

Yup.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Oct 30, 2015 -> 07:09 PM)
Syndergaard's like "swing at that".

Royals throw high and inside, and their dirty headhunters. Syndergaard does it and he's celebrated.

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Oct 30, 2015 -> 07:51 PM)
You think kc will be this good for say the next 2-3 years in your opinion?

2 years maybe but 3 is a stretch.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Oct 30, 2015 -> 07:55 PM)
They will have to pay their draft picks at some point. I don't know what's left on their rookie contracts (Hosmer, Moustakas)

Rios, Gordon, Zobrist, Cueto are likely gone after this season so they'll have to find a way to replace their production.

Alex Gordon isn't going anywhere.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 30, 2015 -> 10:26 PM)
Now we have a series.

Sets up an interesting match-up tmrw with Young's slow stuff...and KC tends to struggle more against lefties and Matz throws hard but not 95-99 typically.

Momentum only lasts as long as the next game's starter. Should be fun. Good for the sport of baseball to have some intrigue, especially keeping NYC interested.

Young won't pitch more than 4 or 5 innings. Which worries me.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Oct 30, 2015 -> 10:59 PM)
Sounds like every fanbase ever.

That's what I was thinking.

QUOTE (High Mileage @ Oct 31, 2015 -> 12:05 PM)
Royals throw high and inside, and their dirty headhunters. Syndergaard does it and he's celebrated.

"He was crying like a baby", PED user Edinson Volquez after drilling Josh Donaldson in August. "He bleeds like the rest of us do. He's very comfortable, I will leave it at that, we'll see what happens"

I find it comical that the Royals are upset at something they have been doing all year long. Your pitchers have been chirpy about this. Guess what sometimes the other team has tough guys who throw hard as well.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Oct 31, 2015 -> 05:22 PM)
Royals fans have turned into cry baby b****es

I have so many friends I know that love the Royals - and have since before they were good. I want them to be happy.

But christ. It's funny because those are the only fans I know that understand when I say I hate this Royals team. All the new "great" Royals fans are disgraces to baseball.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 31, 2015 -> 05:23 PM)
I have so many friends I know that love the Royals - and have since before they were good. I want them to be happy.

But christ. It's funny because those are the only fans I know that understand when I say I hate this Royals team. All the new "great" Royals fans are disgraces to baseball.

Me too. I'm a KC Chiefs fan so I follow their sports. But good god they have turned into a bunch of salty douchebags

QUOTE (High Mileage @ Oct 31, 2015 -> 11:05 AM)
I agree.

Truth.

Yup.

How about the Greinke for Cain, Escobar, and Odorizzi? Then putting Odorizzi in that deal for Shields and Davis.

Yup.

2 years maybe but 3 is a stretch.

Alex Gordon isn't going anywhere.

Young won't pitch more than 4 or 5 innings. Which worries me.

That's what I was thinking.

There's a possibility he stays, but only 10-15%.

Surely he will decline the player option at his age (31) and at least test the waters to see what's out there. It would be pretty much unprecedented for a player at that stage of his career to give up a potential $80-110 million dollar guaranteed contract. Not even Jeff Samardzija will consider it at $17-18 million for one year with the QO. Too many chances for an injury.

Granted, Gordon missed a good junk of this season, but it's not like there is any mystery exactly what you're getting with him.

The Greinke move was a rebuilding one...more talent, perhaps, but Shields/Davis was all in, heads are gonna roll if this backfires.

Edited by caulfield12

Well, Greg now has his reason to blame Rios for the Royals losing the series now.

We saw that enough in 2009 and 2011.

Between DeAza, Ramirez and Rios, we've had our share of brain lock moments as well.

Flores isn't a fast runner at all. The challenge wasn't bad because they have an extra in the playoffs and then from the 7th inning on it's automatic from the umpires and review umps. Even Josh Lewin in the Mets' booth thought he went a tick or two early.

KW might know talent, character and focus are equally if not more important.

Edited by caulfield12

The biggest issue for the Mets is how long Matz can go on adrenalin.

He doesn't have very many innings pitched overall the last couple of months. Normally his fastball is 92-94 and tonight he has consistently been at 94-96.

It might just be Matz is the better pitcher and this was never going to be a great matchup for KC. He will throw at least five or six. The way for KC to score will be the third time around or versus Reed, Clippard, etc.