**2015 World Series - Mets vs Royals**

flavum

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Oct 31, 2015 -> 11:16 PM)
I'm not advocating that we should throw out maximum dollars to entice top tier FA's. It was more a sarcastic comment about the unlikelihood of us being in a World Series, dethrowning KC, with our special blend of "low tisk high reward" signings or 1-2yr stop gap options. What's sad though is they're actually trying to succeed.....which makes seasons such as 2015 all the more pathetic. And KC winning a World Series makes our likely path of second/third tier options all the more pathetic when it'll only marginally improve our team. Maybe with the new WC format we can hope to improve 10 games and atleast be in the hunt, but as you mentioned Minnesota and Twins are better positioned to compete moving forward.

Hahn has a LOT of work to do. It'll definitely be exciting around these parts. Hopefully Hahn turns in a magical offseason where we get a franchise changing trade, key FA signings and a bit if luck. We sure as hell need it

Im less convinced Buxton will be a superstar (more like Cameron Maybin) but Sano is a monster.

If they get some more starting pitching and Mauer awakens from his coma, they'll be a force.

The Indians have the pitching and Lindor, Kipnis, Brantley, Santana and Gomes. That's a MUCH nicer core compared to Abreu and Eaton.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Oct 31, 2015 -> 11:28 PM)
Oh come on. It changes nothing, really? So we're just going to go about assembling our team with second third tier FA and cast away FA's to compete against a DIVISIONAL opponent, twice in the World Series and likely to win it this season, even after Williams has acknowledged we're in our three year window?

Point A to Point B changes when the Royals have more revenue from a World Series run to retain, sign, extend vital playera for their success.

Unless you think the Royals have unlocked the secret to beating the variance in the postseason (and both years required massive f***-ups by the A's and Astros), yes it doesn't change much from the end of the season. Any team that makes the playoffs is capable of winning it all, the Royals aren't special here. They won the AL in the regular season, that says a lot more to me than the results of 3 series. But even ignoring playoff randomness, I'm not sure what your point is. Why would this change our plans? Do you really think Hahn was planning on sitting on his ass, but it's only after a division rival wins it all (assuming they get it done) that he cares about improving the team? That would be ridiculous. If anything, worrying about "answering" a title from a rival would just lead to desperation and risky moves that would set us back further. It won't and shouldn't make a difference, we already knew KC was good enough to win it all, them actually getting it done is irrelevant as far as we are concerned. The fact that the 2011-2014 Tigers never won it all didn't make them any less of a threat, they were still one of the best teams in the league regardless of playoff results. Do you really think the other NL West teams tried "harder" after the Giants' recent success? No, a rival doing well doesn't suddenly create new options to improve that didn't exist before.

Edited by OmarComing25

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 1, 2015 -> 02:02 AM)
lol maybe Greg's right about how KC can't win a WS with Rios.

Thanks for remembering my post. For those who think I'm a troll and never make pertinent comments, see my previous Rios comment.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 1, 2015 -> 02:05 AM)
Well, Greg now has his reason to blame Rios for the Royals losing the series now.

We saw that enough in 2009 and 2011.

You also recognized I was correct about Rios' ineptitude, his continued ineptitude.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 1, 2015 -> 04:42 AM)
Craziest stat of the postseason so far.

Most runs scored from the 7th inning on.

1. Royals 44

2. Mets 11

Not sure 3-10, but 3rd is probably in single digits.

The biggest shock is that it wasn't Addison Reed. Shades of Bill Buckner in reverse with Murphy.

Good post. I thought the same about the reverse of Buckner when the ball went under his glove the same way it did with Buckner.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 1, 2015 -> 01:02 AM)
Thanks for remembering my post. For those who think I'm a troll and never make pertinent comments, see my previous Rios comment.

You also recognized I was correct about Rios' ineptitude, his continued ineptitude.

Good post. I thought the same about the reverse of Buckner when the ball went under his glove the same way it did with Buckner.

The one I thought of was Graffanino for Boston before Iguchi homered against Wells...

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 1, 2015 -> 01:02 AM)

Rios is hitting .289 in the playoffs and hit .368/.368/.529 against the blue Jays. He isn't hitting well in the World Series but his play has been anything but inept.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 1, 2015 -> 08:30 AM)
Rios is hitting .289 in the playoffs and hit .368/.368/.529 against the blue Jays. He isn't hitting well in the World Series but his play has been anything but inept.

You looooove Rios.

nanny nanny boo boo

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Oct 31, 2015 -> 10:20 PM)
Go Royals!

I can't wait for Hahn to assemble a team to compete with the World Series champions...

I like your style!

QUOTE (Ballz-n-Strikes @ Oct 31, 2015 -> 11:30 PM)
Flash is right.

Make moves.

Move #1: Cespedes

I'd love to see the Sox give Cespedes a massive contract. The Royals have done well against him everywhere he's been.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 1, 2015 -> 02:02 AM)

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 1, 2015 -> 09:30 AM)

I'm afraid Rios has played well enough late in the season to cause the Royals to pick up his option.

QUOTE (High Mileage @ Nov 1, 2015 -> 09:01 AM)
I like your style!

I'd love to see the Sox give Cespedes a massive contract. The Royals have done well against him everywhere he's been.

I'm afraid Rios has played well enough late in the season to cause the Royals to pick up his option.

That would be dumb. They have Medlen's as well. Why not try to keep Zobrist, especially with no interest in Infante starting again and Gordon likely gone?

Plus they have Dyson, Orlando...Mondesi could be moved out there if need be, and Bubba Starling is coming on too, amazingly enough.

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=2...lb&sid=milb

He's in the Top 20 in the AFL in OPS.

Of course, so is Adam Engel.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 1, 2015 -> 02:30 PM)

Yes but he's still Rios pulling stunts like last night and loafing off and on in right all season. There's no way in hell the Royals will try to bring him back and that should tell you something AGAIN about Rios.

Two walks and an error in the eighth doomed the Mets big time last night. It would be a surprise if they get back to KC. It all boils down to starting pitching again. If it's a close game KC usually finds a way late to win it.

QUOTE (High Mileage @ Nov 1, 2015 -> 03:01 PM)
I like your style!

One thing about Rios is he usually hits well against his former teams. Which has made me even more mad, cause he's burned the Sox a lot. I think KC will let him walk. He blows and KC knows it.

You can look at it like some fans do, based largely on his $11 million price tag and injuries (hard to blame him for getting hit on the hand/fingers by a pitch)....sub 650 OPS for the regular season, but if he's the absolute weakest link offensively (and that's the case with Infante being replaced by Zobrist), it's not one of the biggest concerns in the world.

Actually, Franklin Morales being their only LHR and probably the lowest on the totem pole right now in the bullpen is a much larger problem, comparatively.

Or just the general lack of predictability with Cueto, Ventura, Duffy and Madson this post-season.

That's exactly the type of start the Mets needed.

Jumped on top early, and kept Cain from scoring...Harvey needs to trust his fastball and not be afraid to throw it.

Of course, with all those comebacks, unless the lead's more than 5 runs, there's going to be a lot of nervousness with Familia already blowing two saves after not doing that for months at a time during the regular season.

And Harvey going only 5 or 6 innings exposes and the Mets' middle relief issues.

Basically two errors (Wright and then Murphy not turning DP on slow Perez) already this inning but no consequence as of yet for the Mets' defense.

Edited by caulfield12