**2015 World Series - Mets vs Royals**

flavum

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 01:32 AM)
Quin, That was Gomes. He took control of the pep rally. I think he was drinkin. It was pretty funny more than anything.

Funny because nobody knew he was on the Royals until the parade and rally.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 01:10 PM)
Gomes didn't even play in the post-season.

Supposedly, he spent all the time on the bench motivating Dyson and Colon that they would make an impact in the deciding game, not unlike Willie Harris and Blum a decade earlier off the bench.

Jonny Gomes was never in the 2005 White Sox clubhouse. Geoff Blum did not play in the deciding WS game either.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 01:15 PM)
Jonny Gomes was never in the 2005 White Sox clubhouse. Geoff Blum did not play in the deciding WS game either.

Yes, I realize it was the previous extra inning game, lol.

The point is that bench players and even those not on the active roster can still play a role.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 01:34 PM)
Yes, I realize it was the previous extra inning game, lol.

The point is that bench players and even those not on the active roster can still play a role.

Because Dyson and Colon are incapable of playing baseball without Gomes whispering sweet nothings in their ear. Yup.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 3, 2015 -> 11:36 PM)
Royals players decided to talk about how they didn't have a ROY, Cy Young or MVP but they're still awesome and beat them all.

God they're assholes

You love it.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 02:32 AM)
Quin, That was Gomes. He took control of the pep rally. I think he was drinkin. It was pretty funny more than anything.

Agreed.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 02:36 PM)
Because Dyson and Colon are incapable of playing baseball without Gomes whispering sweet nothings in their ear. Yup.

Colon immediately credited Gomes for staying on him, non-stop, every day about being ready to make an impact. And he did.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 08:18 AM)
I don't know how long it's gonna soak in for me that Alex freaking Rios is a World Series champion. I remember a certain poster here who said he will never win anything. :lol:

People have been telling me my whole life that the Royals would never be good and would never win anything. I'm glad the Royals declined Rios' option though...

QUOTE (High Mileage @ Nov 7, 2015 -> 07:40 PM)
People have been telling me my whole life that the Royals would never be good and would never win anything. I'm glad the Royals declined Rios' option though...

Mileage are you a Sox and a Royals fan or just Royals? Why do you post here? Just curious, not trying to run you off.

You guys should be good again next year but the loss of Gordon and Zobrist will hurt. And you again need a strong starter now that Cueto is gonna be gone as well. Should be intersting to see who replaces whom. I wouldn't count on Ventura and Zimmer being saviors yet.