**2015 World Series - Mets vs Royals**

flavum

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 1, 2015 -> 11:41 PM)
And now they will win 90 games next year behind stellar offense and OK pitching as their bullpen implodes and they will miss the playoffs.

Are yet we'll still be figuring out what we're doing as the team wins 79 games and misses the playoffs for the eight straight season

Btw those WS hats look terrible. It's like a damn Nascar hat.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Nov 1, 2015 -> 11:47 PM)
Are yet we'll still be figuring out what we're doing as the team wins 79 games and misses the playoffs for the eight straight season

Btw those WS hats look terrible. It's like a damn Nascar hat.

Holy s*** it was joke about the 2006 team.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 1, 2015 -> 11:48 PM)
Holy s*** it was joke about the 2006 team.

Yeah it flew over my head. I Didn't remember their team was as good offensively as it was that year. It was even better than this years Toronto team

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Nov 1, 2015 -> 11:53 PM)
Yeah it flew over my head. I Didn't remember their team was as good offensively as it was that year. It was even better than this years Toronto team

If the team had even pitched half as well as '05, that team sets up a dynasty.

C'est la vie. That's baseball for you. This Royals team can be back next year or rebuilding in two years like that team.

The Royals won the WS and avenged the performance vs. the Giants. So now for next year, if KC was smart, it would just relax and not play like f***ing douchebags in April and May, starting fights, throwing at people, treating every series as Armageddon.

If they mop up the lousy Sox, Indians and Twins and split with Detroit they should easily win the division. Again, if they play like the assholes they played like this year, I hope every series results in a fight.

That could happen if they continue that ridiculous chip on their shoulder play they had this season. All the celebrating and throwing at people.

Sox's only hope of overtaking KC? Major overhaul of bullpen. Fixing 3B, C and adding a real DH for starters. GOOD LUCK WHITE SOX. It sucks not being on top like we were in 05.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 07:33 AM)
Bad defense sunk the Mets.

That is all.

Congrats KC! How can you blow 3 leads going into the 8th inning or later?

I knew tonight the Mets were in trouble when Harvey was a whiny b**** after the eighth inning. Verlander does it all the time, so did Peavy and Shark. These pitchers want to stay in the game and many times it's a very very dumb decision. Tonight, Familia probably would have held the 2-0 lead. Maybe not. But he probably would have and they'd be flying to KC right now for Game Six with the weirdly inconsistent Cueto on the mound.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Nov 1, 2015 -> 11:32 PM)
You take everything so literal it's hilarious.

Point is, last season everyone made excuses and explained the Royals wouldn't make it back. They did. And yes statistically it's probably not going to happen; but I wouldn't flat out just say they won't be back as you suggest.

Escobar's inside the park homer/error that deflected off the leg/shin of Cespedes.

Never can you take your eyes off Harvey. He is must-see TV, the most consistently interesting player on a team that is suddenly fascinating. Nevertheless, the Mets should seriously consider trading him this winter, because of his high-maintenance ways, his rising salary, his injury risk, the Mets’ starting pitching surplus and their need for controllable bats.

Nypost.com

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 01:57 AM)
I knew tonight the Mets were in trouble when Harvey was a whiny b**** after the eighth inning. Verlander does it all the time, so did Peavy and Shark. These pitchers want to stay in the game and many times it's a very very dumb decision. Tonight, Familia probably would have held the 2-0 lead. Maybe not. But he probably would have and they'd be flying to KC right now for Game Six with the weirdly inconsistent Cueto on the mound.

Game 7 tickets booked.....Greg had guaranteed, so can he get me a refund on my flight, too?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 12:22 AM)
The Royals won the WS and avenged the performance vs. the Giants. So now for next year, if KC was smart, it would just relax and not play like f***ing douchebags in April and May, starting fights, throwing at people, treating every series as Armageddon.

If they mop up the lousy Sox, Indians and Twins and split with Detroit they should easily win the division. Again, if they play like the assholes they played like this year, I hope every series results in a fight.

That could happen if they continue that ridiculous chip on their shoulder play they had this season. All the celebrating and throwing at people.

Sox's only hope of overtaking KC? Major overhaul of bullpen. Fixing 3B, C and adding a real DH for starters. GOOD LUCK WHITE SOX. It sucks not being on top like we were in 05.

That chip on their shoulder is a major reason they won.

It will be back again as they lose Cueto, Gordon and Zobrist (probably) and get picked for second or third in the AL Central and underrated again by PECOTA and all of the other prediction models out there.

They will be more low key than this season, but that confidence bordering on arrogance isn't going away until Cain, Hosmer and Moustakas all move on.

It's the main reason that Hosmer just willed the Royals back after another key error at 1b gave the Mets their second tally in the sixth...he scored the tying run when 7-8 times out of ten he would have been thrown out and forever vilified had they gone on to lose Games 6&7. That's the way they play. Putting pressure on the opposition to make a better play.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-colum...l#storylink=cpy

How long will Sox fans be waiting for this column again?

Fans will have their own memories, from the ones who believed all along to the ones who will claim they believed all along. They used to bond with something that felt a little too much like Stockholm syndrome, with jokes about the throw home hitting Ken Harvey’s back or Kerry Robinson climbing that wall in Chicago for a ball that bounced in front of him to then-manager Buddy Bell, caught in the middle of another long losing streak, muttering, “I’ll never say it can’t get worse.”

Zack Greinke became one of baseball’s best young pitchers in Kansas City, but the losing beat him down, and he demanded to be traded. The Royals tried to trade him to Washington, but Greinke didn’t want that either, so they made a new deal with the Brewers for what they thought at the time was an inferior haul of prospects. Except that haul was highlighted by Cain and Escobar — two foundational pieces for the Royals’ rise, the center fielder and the shortstop, the smiling No. 3 hitter and the unconventional leadoff man.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 01:57 AM)
I knew tonight the Mets were in trouble when Harvey was a whiny b**** after the eighth inning. Verlander does it all the time, so did Peavy and Shark. These pitchers want to stay in the game

I have zero problem with a pitcher who dominated a game being in the moment and wanting to finish it. This is what they have been programmed with since they were kids. If this happened to be your favorite Toronto pitcher you would of been delighted to see him have a bulldog persona. But it's one of those punk kids you don't like for whatever reason.

In the end it's up to Collins to manage the game. The minute he walked the first guy Familia should of been in. The lack of clutch hitting and a porous defense is what cost the mets.