**2015 World Series - Mets vs Royals**

flavum

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 28, 2015 -> 03:56 PM)
Probably when Hosmer paid $3000 for a bar bill when drinking with all the Royals' fans in the Power & Light district after the Baltimore series win.

http://www.hardballtimes.com/learning-the-...-the-clubhouse/

Part of it's because they mocked a cyber sabre geek who doesn't know how to act around modern day athletes without talking about war and fip and drs.

Not surprisingly, the same happened to Lucas Mann when he covered the Clinton Lumber Kings for a year and wrote a book about it.

They roughed him up but I don't think that was professional or called for. They were just immature brats, not sure if that's any reason to hate on them.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Oct 28, 2015 -> 03:46 PM)
Where did the dislike of Hosmer and Moustakas come from?

They look and act like douchebags, as the above poster said. They also somehow happen to be in the center of KC's many, many bench-clearing incidents, along with Y. Ventura.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Oct 28, 2015 -> 03:46 PM)
Where did the dislike of Hosmer and Moustakas come from?

I really don't get it, they don't do anything douchebaggy on the field and they play the game clean and right. Watch any of their interviews.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 28, 2015 -> 03:56 PM)
Probably when Hosmer paid $3000 for a bar bill when drinking with all the Royals' fans in the Power & Light district after the Baltimore series win.

http://www.hardballtimes.com/learning-the-...-the-clubhouse/

Part of it's because they mocked a cyber sabre geek who doesn't know how to act around modern day athletes without talking about war and fip and drs.

Not surprisingly, the same happened to Lucas Mann when he covered the Clinton Lumber Kings for a year and wrote a book about it.

I thought Hosmer inviting the fans out and then picking up the tab was awesome. There was also the $20k tab picked up by Hosmer and other players after they swept the Angels. Why would anybody hate that...?

That locker room story is s***ty. I feel bad for the guy. But he admittedly didn't even know who was who or even anything about them without looking them up on his phone. These guys get asked hundreds of questions a day. Most of them are being asked by people by who actually know who they are and who have some clue about what kind of player they are. No wonder they got s***ty with him, but it does still sound like they took it a bit too far.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 28, 2015 -> 05:42 PM)
They look and act like douchebags, as the above poster said. They also somehow happen to be in the center of KC's many, many bench-clearing incidents, along with Y. Ventura.

Those are the 3 guys that really carry this team, especially last year in the playoffs. Hosmer and Moustakas also play 1st and 3rd, meaning they are always front row for the action. I don't see either of them acting like Harper, Bautista, or Papelbon.

I think if Adam Dunn, Adam LaRoche or Alex Rios would have done something similar for White Sox fans, they would have had a bit more sympathy.

Just like Cueto had a situation where he blew off a highly-publicized public/charity appearance for "injury treatment" and it really hurt his standing with the fans, especially because of how poorly he was pitching at the time.

At any rate, Moustakas made a really good play in the 6th inning last night, but he also couldn't cleanly field D'Arnaud's ball when the Mets scored their first run to tie it (probably couldn't have gotten the runner at the plate, though...maybe), Hosmer's misplay late, now the botched double play ball with the bad throw leading to another run tonight.

Uncharacteristic.

Then again, the Royals didn't really deserve anything more than a double or perhaps a triple on the Escobar inside-the-park home run to lead off the game.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 28, 2015 -> 08:14 PM)
I think if Adam Dunn, Adam LaRoche or Alex Rios would have done something similar for White Sox fans, they would have had a bit more sympathy.

Just like Cueto had a situation where he blew off a highly-publicized public/charity appearance for "injury treatment" and it really hurt his standing with the fans, especially because of how poorly he was pitching at the time.

At any rate, Moustakas made a really good play in the 6th inning last night, but he also couldn't cleanly field D'Arnaud's ball when the Mets scored their first run to tie it (probably couldn't have gotten the runner at the plate, though...maybe), Hosmer's misplay late, now the botched double play ball with the bad throw leading to another run tonight.

Uncharacteristic.

Then again, the Royals didn't really deserve anything more than a double or perhaps a triple on the Escobar inside-the-park home run to lead off the game.

Wait, what? Dunn and LaRoche are universally recognized as better people than Hosmer and Moustakas. Why do they need more sympathy?

Dunn sponsored a dinner for 40 members of Scott Carroll 's family after his MLB debut, doesn't that make him a great person too?

https://t.co/TBHCBs4hXs

My Twitter feed is blocked at work in China.

Where do the White Sox rank in park-adjusted defensive efficiency? Mets are apparently 3rd. I would guess the Royals are 1st or 2nd, although Gordon missed a couple of months in LF and Zobrist was playing so that might have lowered their numbers just a tad.

Walks Moustakas to get the R/R match-up with Salvador Perez.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 28, 2015 -> 07:22 PM)
Wait, what? Dunn and LaRoche are universally recognized as better people than Hosmer and Moustakas. Why do they need more sympathy?

Dunn sponsored a dinner for 40 members of Scott Carroll 's family after his MLB debut, doesn't that make him a great person too?

I forgot about Dunn.

He actually away from his struggles in 2011 performed fairly decently, maybe 15-20% below expectations, but not abysmally bad like that first season that left such a lasting impression.

There were a lot of cool things he was doing off the field with his various business interests, particularly in the movie industry.

Now Rios and LaRoche are different stories, although Adam seems like a decent enough guy.