I want everyone's one FA/Trade prediction

Bigsoxhurt35

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Nov 11, 2015 -> 09:00 PM)
Cespedes 6/$126M

I don't think that gets you to the final table, and that's why the Sox will and should pass.

I'll go Alexei Ramirez 1/$7M. I think they'll do more, obviously, but that's what I see as most likely.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Nov 11, 2015 -> 09:07 PM)
I don't think that gets you to the final table, and that's why the Sox will and should pass.

I'll go Alexei Ramirez 1/$7M. I think they'll do more, obviously, but that's what I see as most likely.

Not suggesting I would make that move, but I don't think that number is that far off. Fangraphs has him signing for six years and around $21M to $22M AAV.

It wouldn't surprise me to see one or both of Buehrle and Uribe brought in for quick year or two; Uribe especially if Alexei isn't back on a cheaper deal, and Buehrle if he holds off retirement. I was fan of the moves made coming in to 2015, so considering how that turned out, I have no idea how the FO will operate this time around.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 11, 2015 -> 10:23 PM)
No? Why not?

When you're going to be a free agent but traded during the season the team acquiring the player midseason is not eligible to receive a pick like Cespedes, Zobrist and Cueto .

To be entitled to compensation, a team must have a departing free agent on its roster for the entirety of the season.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Nov 12, 2015 -> 02:02 AM)
When you're going to be a free agent but traded during the season the team acquiring the player midseason is not eligible to receive a pick like Cespedes, Zobrist and Cueto .

To be entitled to compensation, a team must have a departing free agent on its roster for the entirety of the season.

Ok I remember that now. Makes sense, thus why our return value had to be greater than the comp pick for Shark.

I don't see the Sox grabbing one of the big FAs (Cespedes, Upton...). I believe any signings will be small, and they will go the trade route to fill some holes.

My prediction is Alexei on a one or two year deal for around $7MM a year. Otherwise, I could see a Buehrle signing.

I think we double down on pitching and copy the Royals by investing in the bullpen and trade for Giles from PHI.

I also think we sign Ian Desmond. Maybe not to play SS, but to play 3B, 2B, or DH. Maybe even on a 1 or 2 year rebuild value deal like 1/18 or 2/34. He could be looking at a 200 million contract next offseason or two if he has a season or seasons anything like his previous ones, and the South Side is a good spot to do that, potentially as a DH against LHP. Focus on offense half his games. Not sure he wants to lock himself into a 4 year deal for 50-70 million from a limited market when he could be looking at hundreds of millions and more choices on where to play.