I want everyone's one FA/Trade prediction

Bigsoxhurt35

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Nov 12, 2015 -> 05:21 PM)
Colby Rasmus 3 years $42M. A change in the way Rasmus puts his hands and bat in Sept. coincided with a hot September and carried over to the playoffs. If he really has discovered something ( his stance now looks similar to Bryce Harpers) he could be a bargain. Not only did he improve his power but also his walks since around the beginning of Sept. and forward.

Don't really think this will happen because the 'Stros gave him a QO but it'll be very interesting to see how he performs next year with whoever.

Rasmus is taking the QO. First player ever.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (daggins @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 02:58 AM)
They shouldn't have given him a QO. Padres shouldn't have given Kennedy a QO; given this news, I would say he is almost certain to accept. Kendrick might accept too.

oh i agree there are going to be some players accepting that QO.

now i see some others accepting them just to rebuild their value.

Was looking around at potential SS/2B trade possibilities and read about how the Rangers are still high on Profar after investing heavily in him during the past two years with injuries and all. Got me thinking that maybe the Rangers look to deal Andrus but after looking at his numbers and contract, screw that.

I can't believe I'm about to say this, gasp, I wonder if a trade with the cubs involving Erik Johnson and Starlin Castro would be a realistic possibility. Not saying I want this to happen, just trying to think about something that could happen and hasn't been speculated on yet.

Also, I wonder if Castro could play 3B? Maybe re-sign Alexei to play SS until Anderson is ready?

What can I say, I'm bored so far this off season.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Nov 12, 2015 -> 09:02 PM)
Was looking around at potential SS/2B trade possibilities and read about how the Rangers are still high on Profar after investing heavily in him during the past two years with injuries and all. Got me thinking that maybe the Rangers look to deal Andrus but after looking at his numbers and contract, screw that.

I can't believe I'm about to say this, gasp, I wonder if a trade with the cubs involving Erik Johnson and Starlin Castro would be a realistic possibility. Not saying I want this to happen, just trying to think about something that could happen and hasn't been speculated on yet.

Also, I wonder if Castro could play 3B? Maybe re-sign Alexei to play SS until Anderson is ready?

What can I say, I'm bored so far this off season.

I think alot of us are bored. Alot of news and nothing much for sox besides coaches

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Nov 12, 2015 -> 09:05 PM)
I think alot of us are bored. Alot of news and nothing much for sox besides coaches

Absolutely.

Seems like there's always a move or two that wasn't seen coming so I'm just trying to think outside of what's been speculated on already. Last July I was very much against the idea of acquiring Castro and now,the idea doesn't sound as bad.

The Sox news will pick up, its just a matter of time. The winter meetings aren't far off so we have that to look forward to.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Nov 12, 2015 -> 10:16 PM)
Absolutely.

Seems like there's always a move or two that wasn't seen coming so I'm just trying to think outside of what's been speculated on already. Last July I was very much against the idea of acquiring Castro and now,the idea doesn't sound as bad.

The Sox news will pick up, its just a matter of time. The winter meetings aren't far off so we have that to look forward to.

Last year was like this then we signed LaRoche and Duke.

It'll pick up. I was shocked the Simmons deal came together so quickly.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 04:40 AM)
Last year was like this then we signed LaRoche and Duke.

It'll pick up. I was shocked the Simmons deal came together so quickly.

imo, a lot of the waiting is probably to make sure that shark does not accept the QO.

when that deadline passes then hopefully we will see something.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 08:02 AM)
Yes, he is.

And if he meant Daniel, then that defense at third would be terrible...

Yes it would. Plus, the 30+ year old free agents do not coincide with Hahn's recent comments on the Sox looking to add to their youthful core.

I know its way early in the off season and I've not given up on the Sox getting a 3B but I wonder if the Sox giving Davidson a shot would be such a horrible thing. He has the power, can draw some walks and from what I've read his defense has improved to the point he would be an upgrade over the likes of Olt and Gillaspie. I know its a stretch but maybe working with Steverson on a daily basis would help?