STAR WARS Everything

Steve9347

20 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I think it says a lot about this series of 8 main movies that there is substantial and legit discussion whether the 4th, 5th, or 8th movie in the series (in release order) is the worst. 

No doubt.

Edit: After reading your answer to what this means, I will change the response slightly. To me it means It is an awesome series because only half are even in the discussion. 

Edited by ptatc

21 hours ago, Tony said:

This is the answer.

There is a soft space in my heart for Phantom Menance. While the story was weak, there were some great individual scenes and I always kind of enjoyed watching those pod races. It might be worse...but being the first starwars movie in ~2 decades probably is the reason it passes better vs. an era where we are getting more star wars movies (and thus I have higher expectations than "yes its a star wars movie").  

59 minutes ago, smalls2598 said:

I watched TPM a few months back, and I also agree it wasn't as terrible as I remembered.  I'm hoping AOtC is the same way; it's the only one in the series that I've only seen one time.

The dialog in that movie is the absolute worst. The fight scene at the end doesn't do much to redeem it, unlike in TPM.

CaringIncompleteArchaeocete-size_restric

On 8/1/2018 at 11:38 AM, Balta1701 said:

The dialog in that movie is the absolute worst. The fight scene at the end doesn't do much to redeem it, unlike in TPM.

CaringIncompleteArchaeocete-size_restric

AOTC has some great scenes. The arena battle with all the jedi and the Yoda fight are probably close to the top of the list of best Star Wars scenes.

2 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

AOTC has some great scenes. The arena battle with all the jedi and the Yoda fight are probably close to the top of the list of best Star Wars scenes.

The fight at the end is ok to me, I'd prefer the duel in TPM a lot more. I thought both CGI Yoda fights were a little over the top and silly looking personally. The Arena setup is ok, but there's still some WTF stuff thrown in there, "Oh I'm quite beside myself" from 3PO is an example of a cringe worthy line. Gosh it would have been nice if R2 could fly all those other times it would have helped to fly.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, knightni said:

I tried to watch Solo the other night but fell asleep in the middle and shut it off.

I bought the DVD when it came out and haven't even opened it yet. I was kinda the same way with Rogue One. Never really in much of a hurry to watch it. 

Now with the Force Awakens and The Last Jedi, I watched them as soon as I was able to. I really wanted to get to the theaters to see them but never did. I'm not sure if it's because the other movies aren't part of the "main" story or what. I've never really gotten into any of the expanded universe (books, comics, TV shows, etc...) either.

• 4 months later...
32 minutes ago, danman31 said:

Didn't realize this thread had fallen so far down. Guess I'll do the honors then. The teaser doesn't really show anything considering it's 2 minutes, but the title has me floored.

Yeah, I’m in for this.  Looks like it will be a blast.  

it just feels tired...too may EU stories with the emperor had a clone...etc. Just move on with the story already. It just feels like it would need a lot of story telling to make this all connect and I don't feel the payoff will be worth it. We'll see....right now I'm not too excited.

On 4/15/2019 at 11:22 AM, MEANS said:

it just feels tired...too may EU stories with the emperor had a clone...etc. Just move on with the story already. It just feels like it would need a lot of story telling to make this all connect and I don't feel the payoff will be worth it. We'll see....right now I'm not too excited.

Would it need that much backstory though if he is alive?  Palpatine already basically told Anakin in the movies that his master found a way to cheat death so Palpatine could have learned that and then you just need a throwaway line that he has been manipulating Snoke and Kylo to recreate the First Order in the Empire's image at his bidding.  There, you have the story telling very quickly.  Palpatine is also a really easy way to connect all 9 films together as you have him as the real villain in the shadows while others take center stage (Maul, Count Dooku, Vader, Snoke, Kylo, etc.) take center stage with only really making real appearances as a villain at the end of each saga.