STAR WARS Everything

Steve9347

20 hours ago, TaylorStSox said:

Solo is like TFA in that it's so vanilla, that it's not offensive, but it's not good. It's just not terrible - the new bar for Star Wars. 

I disagree. I really liked it because it was a movie that relied on plot as opposed to the action movies that the other "new" Star wars movies have become. Maybe I over rate it because of that but I really liked it.

54 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Even with that, I'm still more motivated to see the end of that saga than I was to see Solo (and I still haven't talked myself into it). I might when I wind up buying the Disney streaming package for Marvel stuff.

In case anyone here doesn't know, Verizon customers(new and existing) are getting a free year of Disney+

credit @Brian for letting me know ;)

1 minute ago, Tony said:

I signed up a few months ago when they were running that D23 fan club deal, if you signed up for 3 years of Disney Plus, it comes out to about $3.20 a month for the service, so seemed like a good deal. 

Their second year actual subscription numbers after they suck everyone in will be crazy

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

I signed up a few months ago when they were running that D23 fan club deal, if you signed up for 3 years of Disney Plus, it comes out to about $3.20 a month for the service, so seemed like a good deal. 

I did this as well. Funny to get email saying my subscription will renew Nov 12 2022.

And you’re welcome @Kyyle23

The last movie is going to be an odd experience, Im not sure that there is anything I can relate it to. For the first part of my life, the idea of more Star Wars movies was this mythical dream that seemed unlikely to happen. Then somehow the prequels came out. After that, the idea of the final 3 movies again became this white whale, something to imagine, but that likely will never happen.

Now that the final one is here, its hard to imagine a world where there isnt some part of me thinking of a what if for these movies. Its been decades and now it will end. Its crazy to think that 30+ years ago I was watching the first movies.

6 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

The Mandalorian is now out. I'm trying to figure out a way to watch it, other than just waiting for some sketchy website to upload a ripped copy online. 

Split Disney plus with someone. $70 for a year comes out to under $6 a month and you can watch on up to 4 screens on at once. I'm splitting 3 ways with my brother and sister and they've already Venmo'd me their share for the year.

Edited by soxfan2014

9 minutes ago, Tony said:

I did the D23 promo a few months back, had to sign up for 3 years to D+, but it comes out to about $3.40 a month, which seemed like a steal to me. 

App is a bit wonky this morning, but as expected. First day, huge traffic numbers. 

Yep did the same. Logging in through the computer didnt work the first time, but seems to be fine now. Going to be able to clear so much dvr space now that I have all of the Simpsons on demand.

Crazy to think that for the cost of buying all of the Simpsons dvds, you could have at least 5+ years of Disney Plus. Even for Star Wars the value is crazy. 

(Edit)

Still getting some "Something went wrong try again later." But it was expected when you release something like this. 

Edited by Soxbadger

56 minutes ago, Tony said:

Same. Some titles aren't loading for me either, but I'm at work just screwing around with it. Expect it to be solid by the weekend. 

Like you, I also had a bunch of issues this morning with Disney+, but things appear to finally be functioning properly for me.

1 hour ago, smalls2598 said:

Like you, I also had a bunch of issues this morning with Disney+, but things appear to finally be functioning properly for me.

Seems to be working better for me as well. Its a great deal. So many movies and they will keep getting more as licensing agreements expire. You can actually search movies they dont have yet, and it will tell you the exact date they will have them if they are subject to an agreement.

It does not seem to show what dates things like Toy Story 4, etc will be there. So should be interesting to see how long the delay is from Movie theater, sold in stores, to Disney Plus. 

9 hours ago, Tony said:

I LOVED the first episode. Loved it. Not sure of the plot yet, but I love how it’s shot, the look and feel. Didn’t feel like a TV show. The twist at the end was interesting, can’t tell if it’s a one episode hook or will play a bigger role. 

Feels like a hook for the season if not more

10 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

If I could have gotten a Tesla for free, I would have.

That being said, the internet came through with perfect quality rips of the show. :finger:

I mean, granted, it's Disney, so it's not like they'll miss the money, but you're obviously an adult with means. You should go out of your way to support art/movies/video games you actually enjoy, versus pirating them like you're a high school kid without the means to do so.

I was a big software pirate at one point in my life -- so much so that I was listed in e-mags (of the time) of being one of the top software "traders" in the world. That sort of happened out of what started from necessity -- I simply couldn't afford anything, so I went looking for it in unscrupulous places -- but it blew up into what it became ... which in hindsight was pretty stupid. That said, as an adult with means, if a program, game, movie or television show comes out I actually enjoy, I pay for it now ... because I can, and those that put in the work to create it deserve to be paid accordingly. :P 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Y2HH said:

I mean, granted, it's Disney, so it's not like they'll miss the money, but you're obviously an adult with means. You should go out of your way to support art/movies/video games you actually enjoy, versus pirating them like you're a high school kid without the means to do so.

I was a big software pirate at one point in my life -- so much so that I was listed in e-mags (of the time) of being one of the top software "traders" in the world. That sort of happened out of what started from necessity -- I simply couldn't afford anything, so I went looking for it in unscrupulous places -- but it blew up into what it became ... which in hindsight was pretty stupid. That said, as an adult with means, if a program, game, movie or television show comes out I actually enjoy, I pay for it now ... because I can, and those that put in the work to create it deserve to be paid accordingly. :P 

As a Disney shareholder Im reporting Chili to the authorities!

J/K

Its been so long since Ive downloaded music or video games from the internet, I wouldnt even really know where to begin. Plus if you add the amount of time it would take me (Lets say 15 minutes), id technically have lost money in opportunity cost trying to find it. I paid something like $155 for 3 years of Disney. Thats about $4.30 a month. 

23 minutes ago, Tony said:

Speaking of being a Disney shareholder, it was SO stupid for me to not buy more before launch. We all knew it would be a huge boom right at the start and their would be a nice bump, I have no idea why I didn't pound it more. So dumb. 

Hindsight is always 20/20 in a fickle market -- take a look at Apple for reference. There have been plenty of instances where their stock takes a short term hit because they "only" sold 70 Million iPhones instead of 70.12 Million. Then a year later the stock is at an all time high on nothing more than lessened expectations...

Disney easily could have plummeted because fickle traders were expecting 12 Million subscribers instead of the reported 10 Million. Give it time, you'll have plenty of more opportunities to buy it when investors decide to make predictions Disney cannot possibly meet, and then when they don't there will be a massive short-term sell off by plebs that don't understand they're being scammed by these analysts.

On 11/14/2019 at 11:15 AM, Y2HH said:

That's awesome man.