STAR WARS Everything

Steve9347

16 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I found episode 2 to be boring. With only 8 episodes this season, and apparently only 30 minutes long, they really need to pick it up. 

They are definitely going for the Star Wars Wild West theme here, which I'm good with, but I swear I thought I heard him actually cock his blaster.

I thought it was very solid. Not sure why you thought it was boring. Had action and built some mystery.

1 hour ago, Brian said:

I thought it was very solid. Not sure why you thought it was boring. Had action and built some mystery.

Because it didn't really progress the story at all. 30 minutes for us to find out that Mando has found out Baby Yoda has force powers. Unless I'm forgetting something, I don't think anything else pushed the story along. I'm not saying it was bad, I'm just saying with only 3 hours left this season, I expected more of the story to unfold.

On 11/16/2019 at 6:12 PM, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Because it didn't really progress the story at all. 30 minutes for us to find out that Mando has found out Baby Yoda has force powers. Unless I'm forgetting something, I don't think anything else pushed the story along. I'm not saying it was bad, I'm just saying with only 3 hours left this season, I expected more of the story to unfold.

I mean you could consider it a 4 hour movie and that is plenty of time to move the story alone at a certain pace.

Relax Young Jedi.

On 11/16/2019 at 12:13 AM, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

With the episode schedule, and the 2nd to last episode coming out on a Wednesday, the day before the new movie comes out, I have to imagine the show will tie in to The Rise Of Skywalker. Maybe eventually getting to how the Emperor comes back to life.

If there are any tie in's, I'd think it would be with Darth Maul and the rebel Mandalorians who escaped when Maul defeated Pre Visla. The Mandalorian in the show might be a descendant of them. The time frame might be way off though. 

I wish they'd create a show that deals with force users. Ahsoka and Ventress are easily the best characters they've introduced since the OT. There's a lot there, especially with Ahsoka. 

1 hour ago, TaylorStSox said:

If there are any tie in's, I'd think it would be with Darth Maul and the rebel Mandalorians who escaped when Maul defeated Pre Visla. The Mandalorian in the show might be a descendant of them. The time frame might be way off though. 

I wish they'd create a show that deals with force users. Ahsoka and Ventress are easily the best characters they've introduced since the OT. There's a lot there, especially with Ahsoka

I think they are getting back to that, and first they have to establish that there are still Jedi out there after Vader went out to kill them all

23 minutes ago, Tony said:

Obviously just based on pure personal opinion, but for me, I've seen and heard about the Force since the inception of Star Wars. And I'm sure I'll be getting a lot of Force content in the future. Which is great. But Mando has been refreshing and IMO something that's needed in the bigger Star Wars universe, showing other aspects of life, a darker, grittier version from what we've previously seen. And we're still getting Force material with lil' Yoda, which I'm sure we'll see more of and learn more about as the show progresses. 

Speaking of, you have to think this is gonna be intersecting with the Huts soon

3 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

I think they are getting back to that, and first they have to establish that there are still Jedi out there after Vader went out to kill them all

Force users don't have to be Jedi. Both Ahsoka and Ventress were powerful Force users and neither were Jedi nor Sith. Well, both were trained by the Jedi at one point, but both rejected the Jedi. There's actually a ton of depth to both characters, which is rare in Star Wars. 

https://youtu.be/eU9JRYzUBBg

Edited by TaylorStSox

The 2nd episode moved the story forward b/c now he knows of the Baby Yoda species force abilities. Will he now bring his bounty back and turn him over or will he demand more bounty or will he decide the bounty is so valuable that he keeps it and looks for another buyer with more money. The set up is there for a number of directions that this series can now go.

I have spoken

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tony said:

Cool how they tied this back to the OT. The line Vader gives Boba about “‘No disintegrations” was always a bit odd.

After seeing what the Mando did to the Jawa’s, makes some sense 

I definitely did not recognize that droid or that yellow guy from the old movies. And that no disintegrations line. Pretty cool.

8 hours ago, Tony said:

So the droid in Empire is IG-88, in the show it’s IG-11. Honestly not sure why they made them different characters. 

Bossk is a character I hope they introduce. He was mentioned in passing in Solo “We should have just hired Bossk for this job.” or something very similar. The bounty hunters Mando fights off in episode two are clearly the same species. 

Earlier version of the Bounty droid. Since he destroyed him prior to taking baby Yoda he couldn't be the same one anyway,

Really love the feel of this so far...especially the narrative voice of Mando without the facial expressions.

The 30+ minute setup works out fine, because they can invest the money they save into the action sequences.

Seeing the Jawas and whatever the hell that massive rover machine is called really brought back memories.  Someone criticized the soundtrack, but even then it makes sense to depart from the traditional orthodoxy of a John Williams score and try something more eclectic.

Liked Nick Nolte’s turn, as well...and Werner Herzog tried his best.

All things considered, pulling baby Yoda out of thin air is what has really made the series in terms of audience engagement.  It’s not just about selling Christmas toys (hopefully.)

Edited by caulfield12

15 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Really love the feel of this so far...especially the narrative voice of Mando without the facial expressions.

The 30+ minute setup works out fine, because they can invest the money they save into the action sequences.

Seeing the Jawas and whatever the hell that massive rover machine is called really brought back memories.  Someone criticized the soundtrack, but even then it makes sense to depart from the traditional orthodoxy of a John Williams score and try something more eclectic.

Liked Nick Nolte’s turn, as well...and Werner Herzog tried his best.

All things considered, pulling baby Yoda out of thin air is what has really made the series in terms of audience engagement.  It’s not just about selling Christmas toys (hopefully.)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

On 11/23/2019 at 5:23 PM, Kyyle23 said:

Some shoot out at the OK Corral stuff in episode 3.   Pretty sure the big bounty hunter that had a problem with Mando was Favreau

Yes that was Favreau (voice only)

The 4th episode was ok, not the best of the bunch. Gina is just not a good actress, she always looks like she's breaking the fourth wall. It was cool to see Klatoonians and a AT-ST during the night. 

19 minutes ago, MEANS said:

The 4th episode was ok, not the best of the bunch. Gina is just not a good actress, she always looks like she's breaking the fourth wall. It was cool to see Klatoonians and a AT-ST during the night. 

The AT ST rising up was a pretty awesome scene

they also did a good job establishing that Mando and baby yoda are officially stuck with each other.

7 hours ago, MEANS said:

If we are going to pick it a bit, I didn't love how they made the AT-ST seem like it was not just 2 guys inside of it controlling it. Made it seem like a sentient robot. 

And what was with that sticky bomb they put on the inside of the enemy tent waiting like 30 seconds before finally exploding, and seemingly randomly, since it was not ticking any faster as time went on.

14 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

If we are going to pick it a bit, I didn't love how they made the AT-ST seem like it was not just 2 guys inside of it controlling it. Made it seem like a sentient robot. 

And what was with that sticky bomb they put on the inside of the enemy tent waiting like 30 seconds before finally exploding, and seemingly randomly, since it was not ticking any faster as time went on.

I agree it was strange but I think it was done that way because the people of that planet were not technologically advanced so it kind of appeared that way to them.

I did expect at least one Camera shot inside of it to show who was piloting it though