STAR WARS Everything

Steve9347

32 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I agree it was strange but I think it was done that way because the people of that planet were not technologically advanced so it kind of appeared that way to them.

I did expect at least one Camera shot inside of it to show who was piloting it though 

This image is from a CNN story on Rise of the Resistance. I think Mandalorian used red eyes because the theme park robots will have red eyes.

191202124454-desktop-rise-resistance.jpg

On 12/7/2019 at 5:28 PM, TaylorStSox said:

They lost me in the last 2 episodes. Bad. 

I don’t understand why they are trying to tell all-inclusive standalone stories in each 40 minute show, rather than build through one main plot line.  It’s a bit ridiculous and unrealistic that Mando could experience this much action in this little time.

21 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I don’t understand why they are trying to tell all-inclusive standalone stories in each 40 minute show, rather than build through one main plot line.  It’s a bit ridiculous and unrealistic that Mando could experience this much action in this little time.

On a show where a baby green alien can control stuff with its mind, it’s a bounty hunter getting into too much action that’s disrupting the realism for you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

On a show where a baby green alien can control stuff with its mind, it’s a bounty hunter getting into too much action that’s disrupting the realism for you.

The first three episodes were well done and built to the conclusion of Mando saving baby Yoda.  In the last two episodes, Mando has fought in a battle on one planet and worked with a back-stabbing bounty hunter on another planet.  These are all standalone stories.  After the first three episodes, you can pretty much miss an entire episode and not really lose sight of the overall plot line, if there even is one.

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

The first three episodes were well done and built to the conclusion of Mando saving baby Yoda.  In the last two episodes, Mando has fought in a battle on one planet and worked with a back-stabbing bounty hunter on another planet.  These are all standalone stories.  After the first three episodes, you can pretty much miss an entire episode and not really lose sight of the overall plot line, if there even is one.

But how is that not realistic?  He’s a bounty hunter on the run doing bounty hunter type jobs?  If you want to critique the narrative framework that’s fine, but Mando getting into a lot of action is the least unrealistic thing about the show.

11 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

But how is that not realistic?  He’s a bounty hunter on the run doing bounty hunter type jobs?  If you want to critique the narrative framework that’s fine, but Mando getting into a lot of action is the least unrealistic thing about the show.

I’m mainly critiquing the lack of any flow or story-building from episode to episode.  It’s like the action version of a sitcom.  You can watch a random episode and not really miss anything in the overall story.

4 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I’m mainly critiquing the lack of any flow or story-building from episode to episode.  It’s like the action version of a sitcom.  You can watch a random episode and not really miss anything in the overall story.

If the show is just going to be recycled Western/Kurasawa tropes in space, it's bad. The last 2 episodes were bad. 

2 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

If the show is just going to be recycled Western/Kurasawa tropes in space, it's bad. The last 2 episodes were bad. 

I actually like the western aspect.  And the cinematography and special effects are damn good.  I just want more tying in each episode to the next, like the first three episodes were.

1 hour ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I actually like the western aspect.  And the cinematography and special effects are damn good.  I just want more tying in each episode to the next, like the first three episodes were.

Thematically, I like the Western aspect. It's the narrative that's full of tropes. It's like Star Wars is completely incapable of doing anything original. 

On 12/12/2019 at 12:11 PM, 3GamesToLove said:

I enjoy the current era of serialized TV, but the old episodic model had its positives as well. Not every show needs to be the same, and it makes sense if they're going for some standalone stories here.

Eh, I like when almost every episode builds into the next one, like Breaking Bad (outside of The Fly episode 😂).  I love when you can look back and see all the linked in details that you missed the first time around.

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Mehhhh.

It’s alright.

Thankfully, The Mandalorian can still redeem things...somewhat.

I can’t imagine this won’t end up being more divisive than even the last film.  It’s definitely worth seeing, but I won’t say anything more than that.

I haven't seen it yet but I'm honestly not sure that is possible. 

8 hours ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

I haven't seen it yet but I'm honestly not sure that is possible. 

Came out in China 7:00 p.m. on Wed night to an indifferent reaction, since nothing Disney has tried to get fans to embrace the series has worked (including well-know Chinese actors and then Rose last movie).

820 pm showing must have had 15-20 people.   Sometimes the lack of overall crowd in the theatre can influence one’s impression, but I’m going to be shocked if any die-hard fans say they loved anything beyond cinematography, special effects and score.

Just $2.4 million first night here.

Edited by caulfield12

Now up to 59%.

You can bet Disney is fighting to get more solid reviews to push it over into positive territory before the weekend.

Only 47 ratings, so the majority still haven’t been filed.  That said, Jumanji 2 is at 68%, and that felt pretty much like the worst movie ever, and I genuinely enjoyed the first, Rock-led remake. 

Edited by caulfield12

I think RoS was better than TLJ for sure, but I still liked The Force Awakens more. The reviews about it being extremely and over the top fan service was true. A couple of things towards the end seemed really out of place and strange. But it was definitely action packed and a thrill ride. But they had many, many chances to really put their stamp on this trilogy and they really played it safe and made sure they gave everyone a soft landing. Didn't hate it, I'm not mad, but it just seemed it was just fine. Series finales are tough though, and Rian Johnson shitting on the middle act of the trilogy doesn't help.