STAR WARS Everything

Steve9347

Yes, I recall that line and it never sat well with me. People would still remember the Jedi.

In the OT almost everyone had "heard" of the Jedi and that's post Order 66/Jedi Purge when then Empire did their best to erase the memory of "Over a Thousand Generations..."

13 minutes ago, MEANS said:

Yes, I recall that line and it never sat well with me. People would still remember the Jedi.

In the OT almost everyone had "heard" of the Jedi and that's post Order 66/Jedi Purge when then Empire did their best to erase the memory of "Over a Thousand Generations..."

I'm just hoping whatever movies come next will be able to build their own mythology.   A galaxy is a large place and they shouldn't be bogged down by tattooine and Hoth clone planets and the specter of the Emperor hanging over everyone again.   

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I'm just hoping whatever movies come next will be able to build their own mythology.   A galaxy is a large place and they shouldn't be bogged down by tattooine and Hoth clone planets and the specter of the Emperor hanging over everyone again.   

Right there with you, I want an Old Republic story line or just something away from the Skywalker saga.

18 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

There was a purge of Mandalorians in the animated Clone Wars show, so they have been forgotten and reduced to myth a lot in the Star Wars universe.   Thats part of the reason the main Mandalorian leader is underground 

But they also had the outpost on Concord Dawn, Sabine's family, Saxon running Mandalore for the Empire, etc. - the Empire had basically turned the Mandalorians into elite soldiers held against their will - unless they were underground.

Yeah Bo seemed to almost spill the beans as to what might occur this season, Din ends up with the Dark Saber and unites the clans. Like she said “they are stronger together “

on second watch Frog dad really did Din dirty and then he just brings the Child back for them to babysit? He points to the Mon Cal and then the Mon Cal directs him to Quarren who try to take his Beskar...

8 hours ago, MEANS said:

Yeah Bo seemed to almost spill the beans as to what might occur this season, Din ends up with the Dark Saber and unites the clans. Like she said “they are stronger together “

on second watch Frog dad really did Din dirty and then he just brings the Child back for them to babysit? He points to the Mon Cal and then the Mon Cal directs him to Quarren who try to take his Beskar...

Yea well the child ate like half his kids so I guess they are even lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

The Mandalorian just broke the skywalker shackles.  Holy shit this episode 

Yup. They just set up an Ahsoka-led spinoff with Thrawn as the bad guy, trying to find Ezra, likely with a side of Sabine.

5 hours ago, Soxbadger said:

Lego Holiday special is fun if you are a fan. 

It was slow to begin with, but once Vader and Sidious got into the movie, it hit an amazing stride.

7 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

What did you guys think? 

I honestly couldn't believe I was actually watching what I was watching, and I mean that in the most positive way possible. 

Seeing "his" ship back on screen after all these years, one of the coolest ships in the entire SW Universe was crazy.....along with many other instances of the episode. 

It's such a fun weekly show to consume. 

• Thanks 1

The last 2 episodes have been awesome. I wasn't a big fan of Dawson cast as Ahsoka. I prefer a smaller, and faster version. Not a fan of the dark troopers either. Way too Age of Ultron for Star Wars. Otherwise, everything was great. I can't wait to see Thrawn and for Bo Katan to get the Dark Saber. 

Man, that episode was awesome. Obviously the Storm Troopers had about a million opportunities to land a single shot on anyone not wearing Beskar, but of course they were comically bad shots or unwilling to shoot their aimed weapon. But I guess that's Star Wars and most action movies.

But seeing Fett shred those guys with the sand people staff was dope.

Oh, and one thing I predicted to my wife that didn't occur, which was a little disappointing, but I really wanted to see a helmet of a stormtrooper pop off and reveal to Boba that these are no longer clones of him. I thought it would be some sort of funny moment where he thinks he murdering his clones, or it's revealed that he isn't, but there was no reference to that unfortunately. 

42 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Oh, and one thing I predicted to my wife that didn't occur, which was a little disappointing, but I really wanted to see a helmet of a stormtrooper pop off and reveal to Boba that these are no longer clones of him. I thought it would be some sort of funny moment where he thinks he murdering his clones, or it's revealed that he isn't, but there was no reference to that unfortunately. 

There is nothing I hate more than a “well actually guy” especially when it comes to something like Star Wars, but the clones were phased out of being troopers around the time of A New Hope, so Boba would have been aware that the Stormtroopers were no longer his clones well before this Mando event, seeing as it’s about 5 years after Return of the Jedi, and Boba has clearly worked for the Empire quite a few times. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tony said:

There is nothing I hate more than a “well actually guy” especially when it comes to something like Star Wars, but the clones were phased out of being troopers around the time of A New Hope, so Boba would have been aware that the Stormtroopers were no longer his clones well before this Mando event, seeing as it’s about 5 years after Return of the Jedi, and Boba has clearly worked for the Empire quite a few times. 

So in the original trilogy, they were already recruiting/kidnapping random people across the galaxy to be storm troopers? I thought Finn being revealed as a Storm Trooper was the first time we saw anyone who wasn't a clone wear the Storm Trooper armor? I thought that was supposed to be an important change.

^^^ I agree with everything y’all said. Boba Fett is the character that me and my dad bonded over and what led to my fandom. Got a pretty excited text from him that morning after we both watched it. 

Only complaint on the episode was the setting, looked like they just filmed it in California. Small gripe. 

8 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

So in the original trilogy, they were already recruiting/kidnapping random people across the galaxy to be storm troopers? I thought Finn being revealed as a Storm Trooper was the first time we saw anyone who wasn't a clone wear the Storm Trooper armor? I thought that was supposed to be an important change.

They were supposed to be “volunteers.” 

The story goes the clones became very expensive to make and additionally Palpatine thought the clones could be too easy manipulated to they switched to a non-clone army. 

This is mostly expanded universe stuff anyway. Captain Rex sort of talks about it in Rebels that the Empire has retired the original clone army also due to age.

But everyone seems to agree “stormtroopers” in the OT were not clones. 

• Like 1