STAR WARS Everything

Steve9347

10 hours ago, Tony said:

They were supposed to be “volunteers.” 

The story goes the clones became very expensive to make and additionally Palpatine thought the clones could be too easy manipulated to they switched to a non-clone army. 

This is mostly expanded universe stuff anyway. Captain Rex sort of talks about it in Rebels that the Empire has retired the original clone army also due to age.

But everyone seems to agree “stormtroopers” in the OT were not clones. 

Ok, got it, thanks. I don't consume any expanded universe stuff outside of some of the video games, so I couldn't remember this ever being addressed in the movies, which are the only things I've seen outside of this TV show.

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24
  • Like 1

About time Disney created some new content that isn't the Mandalorian.  Maybe there is something that I"m not aware of (and don't get me wrong - Mando is awesome). But outside of the handful of episodes I watch during the year of Mando - the whole rest of the year Disney+ is basically only used by my kids.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

About time Disney created some new content that isn't the Mandalorian.  Maybe there is something that I"m not aware of (and don't get me wrong - Mando is awesome). But outside of the handful of episodes I watch during the year of Mando - the whole rest of the year Disney+ is basically only used by my kids.  

Yeah Disney plus is not great...yet.

3 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

It's been a slow burn for Disney + no doubt but they've really seemed to focus on their infrastructure and planning the last year, and officially announced a ton of that planning today. 

10+ Marvel Series, 10 Star Wars series plus a host of Disney and Disney animation content was announced today and is coming over the next "few" years as they put it. By the end of 2021, they are going to be a force, no pun intended.   

Impressive. That was a finale. I wish that's how I felt when I left the final movie last year.

Question - I've seen all the movies (minus Solo) and been invested in the Mandalorian. With all of the upcoming movies/shows on the horizon, are Clone Wars, Rebels, Resistance worth digging into? If so, do you have a suggestion on importance or priority? I've never seen a lick of those or read any of the comics or books. Curious to see what you guys think. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, greasywheels121 said:

Impressive. That was a finale. I wish that's how I felt when I left the final movie last year.

Question - I've seen all the movies (minus Solo) and been invested in the Mandalorian. With all of the upcoming movies/shows on the horizon, are Clone Wars, Rebels, Resistance worth digging into? If so, do you have a suggestion on importance or priority? I've never seen a lick of those or read any of the comics or books. Curious to see what you guys think. 

Yea, it will give you a lot of background on Ahsoka, the Mandalorians, and Obi Wan.  There is a lot of story they put in those cartoons 

4 hours ago, greasywheels121 said:

I’m a giant Star Wars fan, but I haven’t seen all the animated stuff. Seen a bunch, but it’s sometimes hard for me make the jump to animated. There are a few lists out there about essential episodes to watch. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kotaku.com.au/2020/10/the-essential-clone-wars-episodes-every-star-wars-fan-should-watch/amp/

5 hours ago, greasywheels121 said:

27 minutes ago, Tony said:

I’m a giant Star Wars fan, but I haven’t seen all the animated stuff. Seen a bunch, but it’s sometimes hard for me make the jump to animated. There are a few lists out there about essential episodes to watch. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kotaku.com.au/2020/10/the-essential-clone-wars-episodes-every-star-wars-fan-should-watch/amp/

Alright, I'm about to nerd out because after Season One of Mandalorian my fiancee and I decided to watch the animated stuff, because we felt The Darksaber was a sign that Mando was about to tie into the larger universe big time. So gonna add in what we did.

I'd recommend watching the entirety of Clone Wars in chronological order. It was released out of order, so if you watch it in release order, characters will die and then come back to life. If you skip any arcs, skip the "D-Squad" and "Water War" arcs.

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder

While this has the essentials, it's missing a lot of the character development that sets up Ahsoka, Rebels, and makes Revenge of the Sith an absolute gut punch.

The problem with Clone Wars is it doesn't hit its true stride until Landing at Point Rain. Then you suddenly have a massive tonal shift from a sort of kid's show to massive battles, decapitations, al-Qaeda-esque hostage situations, and just all around some of the most tense situations in Star Wars.

This video contains (seconds long) spoilers, but basically is "get ready for lots of animated violence."

Rebels explains how the Rebel Alliance got formed and wraps up loose ends in Clone Wars. It's fun in season one, but focuses on setting up the latter seasons. Season Two's finale onward is some of the best Star Wars content out there and will most likely be the setup for the plot to Ahsoka's show, based on her mentioning Thrawn in Mandalorian. The show also has a ridiculously stacked cast - David Oyelowo, Jason Issacs, and Lars Mikkelsen are all regulars. 

Resistance can be skipped.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, greasywheels121 said:

On to the football now, but I'm good for at least 20-40 min of fly on the light anytime Star Wars is in TNT when I channel surf.

I stumbled across Jedi yesterday and watched 20 minutes. Probably haven’t seen it in 10 years. Thankfully it was the first 20 minutes and not the last.

3 hours ago, Middle Buffalo said:

I stumbled across Jedi yesterday and watched 20 minutes. Probably haven’t seen it in 10 years. Thankfully it was the first 20 minutes and not the last.

It holds up remarkably well.  At the risk of heresy, I think it's a better story than Empire.

12 hours ago, longshot7 said:

It holds up remarkably well.  At the risk of heresy, I think it's a better story than Empire.

The last twenty minutes are original Star Wars fan heresy.

Hayden Christensen spirit ghost, Jar Jar cheering, Episode 1-3 retrospectives. 

He Lucas-ed it to death.

19 hours ago, longshot7 said:

I’ve always really, really liked ROTJ. For me, it’s Empire-ROTJ-ANH.

I think the planet building is better is ROTJ. Fun stuff at Jabba’s, Dagobah, Endor, the Death Star. Never been a huge fan of Bespin in Empire, so I think ROTJ has the best locations. 

• 3 weeks later...