STAR WARS Everything

Steve9347

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

And she knew this was building against here and kept on going.

She literally was going to star in her own offshoot show.  Just the dumbest fucking thing, so she could be bigoted.  Yay, go ahead and do that.  Enjoy  

41 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

She literally was going to star in her own offshoot show.  Just the dumbest fucking thing, so she could be bigoted.  Yay, go ahead and do that.  Enjoy  

Good thing Disney hedged their bets by not announcing her as the star following the previous incidents.

I’m making this somewhat political so I apologize but I just can’t stand this argument I’m seeing by one side of “Why does Disney get to be the moral arbiter or what is right and what is wrong?” 

Because they write the checks and she takes their money. You represent the company and they have every right to say “We don’t agree with these views and have decided to part ways in our relationship.”

It just bothers me to no end this idea of having zero consequences for our actions. It’s fantasy land to believe otherwise 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Tony said:

I’m making this somewhat political so I apologize but I just can’t stand this argument I’m seeing by one side of “Why does Disney get to be the moral arbiter or what is right and what is wrong?” 

Because they write the checks and she takes their money. You represent the company and they have every right to say “We don’t agree with these views and have decided to part ways in our relationship.”

It just bothers me to no end this idea of having zero consequences for our actions. It’s fantasy land to believe otherwise 

I do think cancel culture goes too far at times, but Holocaust comparisons are crossing the line in just about everybody's book.

13 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

I do think cancel culture goes too far at times, but Holocaust comparisons are crossing the line in just about everybody's book.

Far too often cancel culture is confused with consequences for actions.   Carano has lived a very privileged life and this is the first time anyone has ever fired her for being an asshole online, but she has been an asshole online for a while 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Far too often cancel culture is confused with consequences for actions.   Carano has lived a very privileged life and this is the first time anyone has ever fired her for being an asshole online, but she has been an asshole online for a while 

Yeah, this isn't cancel culture. This is more like standard HR.

31 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

The whole idea behind "cancel culture" is dumb.  The same people who are screaming this in response to things like being a racist and committing treason against the nation are the same ones who cancelled Colin Kaepernik and the Dixie Chicks.  They had noooooo problem costing people their incomes then, so what changed?

The party of "personal responsibility" and "fuck your feelings" is the party losing their minds here.  Maybe they should take a hardy helping of their own advice?

And please no one on Soxtalk give me the "Freedom of Speech" line or i really will lose it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The whole idea behind "cancel culture" is dumb.  The same people who are screaming this in response to things like being a racist and committing treason against the nation are the same ones who cancelled Colin Kaepernik and the Dixie Chicks.  They had noooooo problem costing people their incomes then, so what changed?

The party of "personal responsibility" and "fuck your feelings" is the party losing their minds here.  Maybe they should take a hardy helping of their own advice?

And please no one on Soxtalk give me the "Freedom of Speech" line or i really will lose it.

And in the most predictable way possible, #CancelDisneyPlus was trending last night in response to their decision. 

Because logically, if you are so against cancel culture, the only appropriate action to take is to cancel something else 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Tony said:

And in the most predictable way possible, #CancelDisneyPlus was trending last night in response to their decision. 

Because logically, if you are so against cancel culture, the only appropriate action to take is to cancel something else 

For reference, I literally bought Disney+ for the first time this week. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
1 hour ago, Tony said:

So, that last Book of Boba Fett episode..

high noon shoot out scene  

I'm really wondering if this entire thing will end up in some future episode of Boba/Mando/Ahsoka on the scene when Ben turns on Luke.  

also, they really refined the de-aging of Luke.  He looked great.  The voice isn't his(or really altered) but it was fine.  They clearly decided that they need to show as little as possible of him talking in order to enhance the appearance.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

high noon shoot out scene  

Hide contents

I'm really wondering if this entire thing will end up in some future episode of Boba/Mando/Ahsoka on the scene when Ben turns on Luke.  

also, they really refined the de-aging of Luke.  He looked great.  The voice isn't his(or really altered) but it was fine.  They clearly decided that they need to show as little as possible of him talking in order to enhance the appearance.

Spoiler

I have to say, it’s 2022 and you have what looks like a 30 year old Mark Hamill running around as Luke Skywalker. I think it sets a really weird precedent for what audiences may come to accept in the future with other actors/properties. Will Robert De Niro "be in" a movie 50 years from now? Not sure how I feel about it...

1 minute ago, Tony said:
  Hide contents

I have to say, it’s 2022 and you have what looks like a 30 year old Mark Hamill running around as Luke Skywalker. I think it sets a really weird precedent for what audiences may come to accept in the future with other actors/properties. Will Robert De Niro "be in" a movie 50 years from now? Not sure how I feel about it...

Hey man you got that Disney money and effects working for you, might as well use it right?  

On the other hand I felt like the scene when Luke was jumping from rock to rock and stick to stick and running through the woods kind of looked low rent lol

big fan of Cobb Vanth though, I'm glad he is sticking around

46 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

You mean the Book of Everyone else but boba Fett. These last two episodes were great though, really shows how uninteresting they made Fett’a story in comparison to the other characters. 

They have been two straight up Mando episodes with a hint of Boba thrown in one of them, lol.

And as Kyle mentioned, the 2nd most interesting thing in this episode was:

Spoiler

Cobb and Cad

...which are more in the Mando universe than Boba. I guess we should just be happy they've nailed the Mando character, which has been great. 

• Thanks 1

On one hand, the last two episodes have been some of the best Star Wars I've ever seen.

Spoiler

GROGU TRAINING. CAD BANE. AHOSKA AND LUKE TALKING ABOUT ANAKIN. COBB VANTH BEING COOL. BLINGED OUT JAWA CRAWLER. EVERYTHING MANDO. 

On the other hand...

Spoiler

Put Boba in his fucking show. God damn.

Also, while the Luke Fake is better, I hope if they keep using him, they'll just cast someone (Sebastian Stan being the fan cast). It's working right now, but if he has to heavily emote in the future I'm worried.

Important backstory for the high noon shootout

Spoiler

This was deleted from Clone Wars, but Cad Bane had a metal plate in his skull in Bad Batch, indicating this could possibly be canon.

This show needed an extra episode with where it's going due to the detours from the past two weeks, unless next week is two hours of non-stop action.

Did anyone else in this thread watch Justified? Because I think they are intentionally making Cobb Vanth an exact copy of Raylan Givens. Literally down to the dialogue and speech. I swear I can even think of a scene where Raylan tells someone to "think it through" while in a similar high stakes situation. 

I feel like that Leo DiCaprio meme of him pointing at the TV every time I see Cobb Vanth in a scene as I scream to my wife, "That's Raylan! He's playing the same dude! I love this!" 😆

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24

5 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Did anyone else in this thread watch Justified? Because I think they are intentionally making Cobb Vanth an exact copy of Raylan Givens. Literally down to the dialogue and speech. I swear I can even think of a scene where Raylan tells someone to "think it through" while in a similar high stakes situation. 

I feel like that Leo DiCaprio meme of him pointing at the TV every time I see Cobb Vanth in a scene as I scream to my wife, "That's Raylan! He's playing the same dude! I love this!" 😆

It wasn't the best episode but there was some fun shit that happened. 

the rancor rampaging across the city and fucking up the machines of destruction was straight out of every 80s kid imagination.  

I don't think Cobb is dead.  If that's the end of Cad Bane, well that fucking sucks