STAR WARS Everything

Steve9347

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 6, 2017 -> 08:52 AM)
I assume the price would just be buying out all the seats. I don't think they would care if that's the case.

I just figured they were guaranteed almost sellouts already, but my guess is they are re-purposing other show times to fit our request rather than sellout current showings for the hottest movie.

I rewatched the prequels, which everyone hates, and have come to the conclusion that they are not a s***ty as people make them out to be. To me, it makes sense that the Jedi who become Sith Lords are whiny insecure emo teenagers. They don't know their path in life. Everything is conflicted. It makes perfect sense to me.

QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Dec 20, 2017 -> 01:50 AM)
I rewatched the prequels, which everyone hates, and have come to the conclusion that they are not a s***ty as people make them out to be. To me, it makes sense that the Jedi who become Sith Lords are whiny insecure emo teenagers. They don't know their path in life. Everything is conflicted. It makes perfect sense to me.

I too just finished the prequels again. I will always ride or die with Episode 1 for Darth Maul and easily the best light sabre fights of any of the films.

Episode 2 is beyond saving. It is a disgraceful film.

Episode 3 has its moments.

There is way too much CGI, and the acting is atrocious. I feel like those movies are getting worse with time.

QUOTE (Tony @ Dec 20, 2017 -> 08:20 PM)
Yeah, 1 is actually my least favorite. Maul is a cool character, but I at least sort of enjoyed the huge Jedi fight in the arena in Attack of the Clones, and love me some Jango Fett.

1 was just such a kids movie, it's really hard for me to watch. The Pod Racing, Jar Jar, all of the Gugan stuff really, Jake Lloyd being...not a good child actor.

Just a rough one.

Agreed, episode one is easily the worst. Darth Maul may be a cool looking character but he also has zero depth to him. He alone doesn’t overcome all the wrongs with the film.

QUOTE (Tony @ Dec 20, 2017 -> 08:20 PM)
Yeah, 1 is actually my least favorite. Maul is a cool character, but I at least sort of enjoyed the huge Jedi fight in the arena in Attack of the Clones, and love me some Jango Fett.

1 was just such a kids movie, it's really hard for me to watch. The Pod Racing, Jar Jar, all of the Gugan stuff really, Jake Lloyd being...not a good child actor.

Just a rough one.

I think 1 is the worst, but it still had some redeemable things about it. And to be clear about the pod racing scene: I think the concept of it was cool, the way it was presented (the announcing was embarrassing) was bad. It had so many lame ass cliches for a racing scene and went on too long.

When people explain some of the backstory again to me in the prequels, I think it sounds interesting. But then when I watch them I just can't, to say the dialogue is bad is an injustice. But they look just awful. Honestly they look like a sega video game half the time. When people said TLJ looked like the prequels, I was like "no no, go watch the prequels again".

I realize some groudning to the prequels backlash is expected, but I'm honestly always surprised how bad they are.