Pedro Alvarez non-tendered

Bigsoxhurt35

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 2, 2015 -> 10:36 PM)
I think I'd rather have Carter or Alvarez than LaRoche. Those 2 strikeout a ton but at least I know they'll hit bombs.

I would too and either one would be cheaper than LaRoche.

Oh well, all we can do is hope LaRoche hits better than last year because he ain't going anywhere.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 2, 2015 -> 10:36 PM)
I think I'd rather have Carter or Alvarez than LaRoche. Those 2 strikeout a ton but at least I know they'll hit bombs.

Wouldnt touch Carter at all. Highest average is .239 in a season. Hit .199 last year. All he does is hit homeruns

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 4, 2015 -> 09:10 AM)
havent we seen enough of the Dunn/Laroche mold?

Not if the guy actually hits for power like they are supposed to. I like High K/High BB players that hit a s***load of homers. The problem is LaRoche doesn't do that and Dunn didn't hit enough homers to justify it. I'd absolutely rather have Alvarez or Carter than LaRoche because I'm fairly confident that the latter 2 will actually hit the ball out of the ballpark.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 4, 2015 -> 10:34 AM)
Not if the guy actually hits for power like they are supposed to. I like High K/High BB players that hit a s***load of homers. The problem is LaRoche doesn't do that and Dunn didn't hit enough homers to justify it. I'd absolutely rather have Alvarez or Carter than LaRoche because I'm fairly confident that the latter 2 will actually hit the ball out of the ballpark.

Were Dunn's 75 HRs from 2012-2013 not enough?

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 4, 2015 -> 12:45 PM)
I was probably Dunn's biggest fan on this board. He underachieved though as a whole.

He might have underachieved, but HR wise he was fine.

Even with his ridiculously bad 2011, Dunn homered once every 20.63 plate appearances as a White Sox. Alvarez has homered once ever 21.25 plate appearances his career. Avarez does have a .018 higher OPS than Dunn had as a White Sox.

I don't see the allure. If you don't like Adam Dunn, there is no reason to like Pedro Alvarez.

Edited by Dick Allen